Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Important win, 3 points and a clean sheet when we were off our usual standards.

Must be tough for Liverpool and Arsenal having hit the form of their lives with all and sundry getting giddy, only to see us working our way through the gears and sit 2nd.

3 points is what's important right now

But still seems unlikely we'll get anything at Anfield if we don't start improving

We were worth the 3 points but Bournemouth had their chances and put us under proper pressure.

Typical City never goes away, remember Raz's last season we would create loads of chances that we never put away. Now we have the worlds best goal scorer and we create next to nothing.

Typical City never goes away, remember Raz's last season we would create loads of chances that we never put away. Now we have the worlds best goal scorer and we create next to nothing.
Over a hundred shots in three matches proves that we have created plenty but only two goals. It was no different yesterday, we need to take some of these chances or we are going to drop points.

We’ve been poor in every game since Haaland came back. Against bang average teams. We don’t control the game anywhere near as well when he plays.
I fear the worst against Liverpool and Arsenal.
We’ve got Brighton, Villa and Spurs after that.
Something needs to change.

Pep said the other day he just doesn’t care about clean sheets, I think the players have absorbed his mindset.
Im sure you know what he said to the media is not what he always believes, he stops the questions by saying it Anyhow only 2 less than title winners ARSEnal

Psychologically that result and the Brentford one will have hurt Arse and dippers. They were games they would have expected us to win but they would have hoped after about 75 mins of each game for us to drop points. To hold on for the wins will have pissed them off and given us a boost that we can win dirty.

KDB is being eased back into games after a long lay off,Pep believes that we can manage without him for some games whilst keeping him fresh for the bigger one. Haaland still rusty but actually saw signs yesterday of a greater desire to press as well as his movement. Great run for the goal and for once we put the ball into a channel for him. Grealish will be back soon and that will give us greater control on the left. Rodri needs a rest and I am hoping he doesn’t start on Tuesday although It won’t be an easy game. Kova is beginning to settle down, Nunez still have concerns over although plenty of players during the past few seasons haven’t had a great start, Rodri, Mahrez and even Gundo spring to mind.

March was always going to be tough but he we are still in the mix and I suspect that Arse and dipper fans who understand the game are more worried about us than we are of them. Obviously their giddy, deluded fans are a different matter, bit like the fanny wipes on a match day thread on here.

Big 3pts that one when not playing great. We look knackered to be honest. I feel like we need to make mass changes for the Luton game and potentially sacrifice the cup to have any chance of retaining the league this year. Keep everyone fresh for Utd and then Liverpool by rotating heavily in the next 2 mid week games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.