Lucas Paquetá

It has been a long time which suggests there is evidence to be investigated.I wouldn't be assuming he'll be found innocent and with it dragging on when it gets towards the end of the season we might be wise to be looking elsewhere.
Or ... it only raised it's head when we became interested in signing him and has been dragged out.

By who, isn't the investigation in Brazil. Why would they care about us or dragging it out.
I thought that, but Ornstein reported that it was WHU sponsors, Betway that reported it it to the FA re a PL game. Of course there could be some in Brazil but I think I read that the bets had been placed in his home region.
(My allegation was a tad tongue in cheek btw)

I thought that, but Ornstein reported that it was WHU sponsors, Betway that reported it it to the FA re a PL game. Of course there could be some in Brazil but I think I read that the bets had been placed in his home region.
These betting investigations always take far longer than they seemingly need.

The Toney case took an age. Not selected for the World Cup for it in October 2022. Charged in the November and more in the December. Admitted in February 2023 and banned in the May.

The offence period stopped in 2021, so it took at least a year before they finally got round to charging him.

It is an issue though there seems, in here ,an assumption he'll be found innocent before the window opens. The club will have a cut off though when they will want to move onto other targets.

These betting investigations always take far longer than they seemingly need.

The Toney case took an age. Not selected for the World Cup for it in October 2022. Charged in the November and more in the December. Admitted in February 2023 and banned in the May.

The offence period stopped in 2021, so it took at least a year before they finally got round to charging him.
Yep, and in this case, it's genuinely affected his career, which if he's innocent is pretty disgraceful really. He was going to get a huge move, huge pay rise, and the chance to play in the best competitions in the world. Now the very best case scenario is that that's delayed for a year and if it's still not sorted by the summer, he's probably never coming to City. Possibly because he's been a prick, but possibly only because of how slow some people do their jobs.

Yep, and in this case, it's genuinely affected his career, which if he's innocent is pretty disgraceful really. He was going to get a huge move, huge pay rise, and the chance to play in the best competitions in the world. Now the very best case scenario is that that's delayed for a year and if it's still not sorted by the summer, he's probably never coming to City. Possibly because he's been a prick, but possibly only because of how slow some people do their jobs.
If he knows he’s bang to rights, he’d have been better off being up front about it, taking the ban and getting his move.

Now, it’s either dragging on and he might not get his move due to his age, or it’s gone completely and he’ll get his move in the summer.

The communication around these things is really poor. We don’t need specifics, just that “the FA are looking into a suspicion of illegal betting involving Lucas Paqueta”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.