United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

omar really wont sort it, they are placing way to high hopes on that happening, omar was a cog in a machine where the sum of its parts was greater than any single piece, that one piece alone will not make the machine at the rags, ask yourself this when he was at city did any of us even know who he was apart from a few fleeting glimpses, no we didnt, the fact that the rags press machine has hyped him up doesnt make it into facts.
This is wrong imho. Omar transformed Barca commercial revenue and got a certain way with ours. He said: “At the beginning Nobody would give City the time of day.”
Having moved on to the playing side, he inculcated a system of valuing players and several were rejected as too expensive on his say so eg Slabhead.
Finally, it was Omar who rejected Ceferin’s attempt to get a settlement with CAS.

Did the mibs make it into the Etihad. Saw a pic of them on fb this morning, moody looking lot in Black clothing. Hope all blues are safe today
Am more scared of Tom and Jerry than that bunch off sad pathetic trying to look hard bunch of living in the past wankers.
It's all a show for social media they don't want trouble just want to look like they do. The CITY is BLUE. CTID

The game reminded me a little of the away match against Arsenal last season and not just the score line. We wore them down, took a while but by the end they were exhausted.

We really need to start taking our chances in first halves of matches. We’re making it so much harder on ourselves. Phil (twice), Rodri and of course Haaland could or should have scored before halftime.

We have now gone 4 home matches without a first half goal. It used to be we would charge out of the blocks and get an early goal (or two) which forced other teams to try to play and we got more space to play in. Instead we’re not getting goals early, though yesterday wasn’t for lack of chances. We don’t have the same issues away from home though.

Christ! You would not have liked the nineties ! If you can't see what little impact Doku is having at the moment then you are blind. How many goals or assists has Doku had this calendar year?
In truth I support any player who pulls the shirt on and find the dogshit comment unpleasant..Of cousre you can comment on a forum, I get that..But do you actually know what Doku and Jack are told to do by Pep on the left wing, likely not ??

As for the nineties, well supported since 68..so yes it was bad..but still supported. Some players need time, we all know that..others just fit in seemlessly.Give him time.

I rewatched the whole match last night with a critical eye. I expected I would find fault with Dokus performance but on analysis he played pretty well. They were terrified of him and had Dalot and Garnacho marking him all the time.

He played some great balls through and around the constant 2 markers on him into the box into players feet. No really daft take ons. We want him to run at defenders and take them on. He'll lose posession sometimes, it's the way it is.

Hes this years fall guy subject to the pile on. I'm prepared to give the lad a break. He's not been perfect, neither has Nunes. Have some people learned nothing about adaptation. He's young, has errant faults in his game to play in a Guardiola side that the boss will slowly iron out. Pep will make him better the more he coaches him.

If you want to have a pop at anyone from yesterday the defending across the back 4 for their goal was shambolic, from Ake playing rat face onside to Dias poor challenge and Walkers complete absence. I'll give Eddy a pass on that one, nobodys saving that. That's the second time in a few weeks we've conceded from hoofball. We have to be better. Better still have a go at Haaland for that clusterfuck in front of goal my arthritic ridden grandma could have nodded in when we were 0-1.

Ill re-itterate what I said in the motm thread, that's twice in succession at home we've murdered them. Last year was a shotgun blast. This year we put our hands around their throat and squeezed until they stopped breathing.

Laughably ETH the deluded Dutchmam thinks they nearly won the game with 1 shot on target and their fans are happy we didn't smash them. That happy the mostly fucked off home before the end.

Imagine derby games where you are utterly passed to death, outplayed in every department, olayed for 10 minutes at the end and have a total of 25% posession the most of which is your goalkeeper wasting time and feigning injury. Your manager then comes out and tries to gaslight you that they were good and nearly won the game citing a dive from your player folliwing a touch from Walker that Durex would be proud of. They are a fucking embarrassment. They won't get top 4 and at this point with Scousepool and Arsenal still to play might not get European football at all. Let's hope they don't, fail FFP and are in the shite. Scruffy Jim no doubt thoroughly enjoyed that, no camera shots of him and purple nose smiling in the stands this year.

Let's hope they sack the Dutch fraud and have to start all over again. What a circus. Bring on the clowns!
Re Doku: Almost every young player we have signed has improved under Pep. So, I agree, give the lad a chance. If he doesn’t make it, we will sell him for plenty.

The blue derby showed one thing and one thing only yesterday. City is great and united is shit and it was evident why we have those 115 charges. It’s the only way they can try to level the playing field for the next 20 years before the slide into obscurity!

The are fucking terrified of city.

The game reminded me a little of the away match against Arsenal last season and not just the score line. We wore them down, took a while but by the end they were exhausted.

We really need to start taking our chances in first halves of matches. We’re making it so much harder on ourselves. Phil (twice), Rodri and of course Haaland could or should have scored before halftime.

We have now gone 4 home matches without a first half goal. It used to be we would charge out of the blocks and get an early goal (or two) which forced other teams to try to play and we got more space to play in. Instead we’re not getting goals early, though yesterday wasn’t for lack of chances. We don’t have the same issues away from home though.
The other thing that concerns me is that we won't always turn it around when conceding first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.