United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I'm really enjoying a few United fans completely humiliating themselves today trying to pretend this was anything other than a complete and utter thrashing, temporarily interrupted by a fluke goal from nothing.

Their standards have fallen so, so low.

Just shows how far they have fallen to see THAT as a good performance.
You could say they were well set up and defended well, throwing their bodies in the way to get some blocks in (especially first half). But on the ball and as an attacking force, pathetic after the first 15 minutes. I would expect better from a League One side

It doesn't get much lower than someone pretending to be injured to enable a time-out for his team. And Madeley did nothing to stop it happening.
People around me were going mad about the fact that they were using it as a tactical ploy, until I pointed out that they were getting tactical input from Ten Hag!

I don't think they defended that well at all really. Plenty of teams come to the Etihad and look more compact and disciplined than they did. That they got to half time without conceding a couple was due to profligacy on our part rather their merits, and you could see that backline was struggling to keep up at 50 minutes. I think they probably conceded fewer "big" chances in the second half but couldn't get out at all.
Yeah I was being kind :-).

I'm really enjoying a few United fans completely humiliating themselves today trying to pretend this was anything other than a complete and utter thrashing, temporarily interrupted by a fluke goal from nothing.

Their standards have fallen so, so low.
They’re being told that by the handful of not rights pushing it in their favourite media.
Fortunately most pundits and journalists have realised that this was one shit that can’t be polished and are giving us the rightful plaudits.

The longer they hold onto the smallest things the better because like you say, it just reflects where their standards are.

A CEO leads a team, which is being recruited now. When Soriano started to spend more time on CFG, Omar was appointed COO, so not a minor cog.
did you know who he was before he took over at them lot, he was a cog in a team, nothing more, nothing less

This is wrong imho. Omar transformed Barca commercial revenue and got a certain way with ours. He said: “At the beginning Nobody would give City the time of day.”
Having moved on to the playing side, he inculcated a system of valuing players and several were rejected as too expensive on his say so eg Slabhead.
Finally, it was Omar who rejected Ceferin’s attempt to get a settlement with CAS.
you know this to be fact or is this what the united press have told you, if you think he will transform everything over there then fair play to you, i disagree as like i said being a cog in the wheel does mean you make the machine.

Cheers.

If you are a manc and you are in Manchester and I finally get my self to come to what actual match there which I’ve tried multiple times but has

We can meet for a pint I would love to and anyone on here that sounds fucking fantastic

I’ve been to the old city pub here the mad Hatter in Nyc for whenever I could but it was very small and crowded especially a few times I tried to watch the Derby there. Or a Champions League match actually where I did watch the semi-final we lost a Real Madrid while ago in their backyard.

have yet to go to the new location that’s actually closer to where I grew up and have to go at some point. The New York sky blues I was a member at one time

And I love Mancs dry sarcastic humour which I know a lot of usaers don’t get but for a New Yorker it’s part of the course so there’s a lot of common there. Sarcasm is about as normal as jaywalking around here for lifelong New Yorkers or many of us.

Also I grew up a fan of a sport team here that was decades long bad and mocked.

Actually there’s a few sport teams in New York City that have that

Some opposite but that’s also why I love being a city fan because I know our fans aren’t like United fans or Liverpool fans or even some of the other clubs who don’t have the appreciation and different personality and cultural values that I noticed in MANCS or should I say Berts. :)

I cannot stand the thought of Liverpool win the league right now and yesterday was thinking screaming when I saw the result at what happened and Beijing that even Arsenal please at least let them win instead if it’s not us please!

Mates I connected to when I first stayed in England for a semester of uni a flatemate
was a city fan whe City we were very bad and he was really cool and I learned a little bit about the club but not a huge amount yet.

And of course my other long-term mate that I know through other family folks but that’s how I became a city supporter just for y’all to know

And as a person born and raised in New York City

I think Mancs and New Yorkers actually have some things in common that hdlps
Me gravitate as well.

Just like the New Yorkers that exist we’re not all a bunch of is it OK to say wankers? LOL

I was supposed to go to a match last year but it didn’t work out. I was very disappointed and there was even tickets purchased I just couldn’t go it’s not cheap

I’ve come close a few times to go to carabao cup finals or watch with my mate in London who’s from Manchester and a huge city fan and one of the major reason

But who lives in South London right now and would’ve gone to London Stadium to watch the fans which sounds amazing

Anyway I’m a man a few words just kidding hope you have a great day (was that yank sounding enough for you? :-)

Cheers

Have happy memories of the Mad Hatters pub in NYC as a mate & I watched the 6-1 mauling of United back in 2011 with the infamous 'Why Always me' t-shirt worn by Balotelli.

Seemed to be our day as we also won their pub lottery for the game but only realised the etiquette of getting a round of drinks for everyone with the winnings until after we left the pub since we were in a rush & needed to catch a flight down to Miami!

Loved NYC & just like Miami seems a world apart from the rest of America.

Hope you make it to the Etihad at some point & you may think its a home away from home with all the skyscrapers popping up in central Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.