Lucas Paquetá

Even if Bernardo left we’d have
Rodri, new DM
Kovacic, Nunes, Lewis
Kev, Foden, Bobb
for 3 positions. If the DM is Kimmich I could see us playing him and Rodri together in most of the important games only leaving 1 spot for another midfielder. Would make more sense to me to replace Bernardo with a RW. Looks like Pep views Foden more as a midfielder now than he did at the start of the season

Even if Bernardo left we’d have
Rodri, new DM
Kovacic, Nunes, Lewis
Kev, Foden, Bobb
for 3 positions. If the DM is Kimmich I could see us playing him and Rodri together in most of the important games only leaving 1 spot for another midfielder. Would make more sense to me to replace Bernardo with a RW. Looks like Pep views Foden more as a midfielder now than he did at the start of the season
Doubt we’ll buy Kimmich, we will need at least 3 AM to rotate Foden KDB , Paqueta or somebody else. Bobb will play wide when he plays and think Nunes will be used more wide.
Don’t think there is much doubt we are looking for a midfielder Paqueta or somebody else.

Doubt we’ll buy Kimmich, we will need at least 3 AM to rotate Foden KDB , Paqueta or somebody else. Bobb will play wide when he plays and think Nunes will be used more wide.
Don’t think there is much doubt we are looking for a midfielder Paqueta or somebody else.
Nah, we will buy another dm type player, Rodri needs his rest

Maybe not, but as he was signed when Paqueta became unavailable, and is evidently inferior, I won't we surprised if we try.

Hopefully the FA will also follow suit if this is all true and drop their investigation because surely they can't have anything credible now, after all if higher up crime organisations with much more clout to dissect these accusations can't find owt wrong what can the FA do?

Personally I never believed Nunes was a Paqueta alternative I believe we mainly signed him because we knew that Cole Palmer had decided to leave, Nunes can still potentially become a good backup player if he improves like most do in their second season.

Lucas Paqueta though is the versatile player we wanted and need in midfield who can rotate with others, he can come in and graft like Bernie while still being silky with added strength, he can make the forward runs and intelligent passes of Gundogan, or just like Stones double pivot right next to Rodri helping build attacks if needed, he can even play out wide too there's so much versatility in this player without any real dropoff in quality.

We've not been scared to delay for a year when signing the right player for the right role, for me Gundogan is another legend that we've had to delay replacing for a year due to these accusations. Paqueta if he now joins in the summer will be an instant impact player like Dias was, someone we can rely on straight away as he's a got a winners mentality and would fit in perfectly.

Nah, we will buy another dm type player, Rodri needs his rest
People have been saying this for several seasons. Pep tried the experiement with Phillips, not up to scratch. We wont be doing it again unless its Kimmich.

Maybe Bernardo fancies going back to Benfica earlier and the quiet life and we get Neves

Maybe not, but as he was signed when Paqueta became unavailable, and is evidently inferior, I won't we surprised if we try.
In a perfect world I think Pep would rather Kovacic & Paqueta last summer, with a CDM replacement for Philips.

Nunes is now a spanner in our works which we either need to keep faith with or move him on as we may have better midfield options come the summer.

Nunes never made sense to me & in my honest opinion, I don't think he suits the level City are at.

i like him but he`s way to expensive for the alternatives we already have...spending £200m for KP,Kova,Nunes,Paqueta is underwhelming....i even doubt Bernardo will leave this summer (not much money around in Europe & the french League won`t be his destination)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.