FC Copenhagen (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

At my pub and after half time spent more time with an eye on Madrid Leipzig. Comfortable win, but I had a funny story come out of it.

As is typical, my pub was populated with “neutrals” who all hate City, and a few Madrid fans. The owner is a Palace fan, Tony, with soft spot for City and despite six tellies he has only one speaker system so had to chose between City and Madrid matches for the speaker, and put it on City for me and a buddy, his two City regulars. Also at issue: the City match was on a major US network; the Madrid match was only broadcast on a Spanish network.

One old bastard at the bar — an Irish rag I’ve encountered before — complained. “Why not put the Madrid match on speaker, Tony?”

From the back of the pub comes a voice from a City fan I didn’t know was there.

“Because you don’t speak Spanish, you absolute fucking dickhead.”

It was incredible.

Last edited:
Not the most entertaining of games, but we are through to the QF and we rested Foden, Kdb, Walker and Bernardo. Happy days, now to Sunday.
Add Stones and Rodri to that list as well, as it was more like a training warm down for them. Did the job we had to do to qualify and good to see other players getting more minutes. Keep the squad fit, healthy and sharp at this stage of the season and not flog them to death.

Walking away from the ground I noticed a gang of Copenhagen fans attacking the buses. I’m no fighter but decided to go alongside the thugs and distract them by singing city songs. Champions of Europe and We are the City Boys. Hardly any back up but I wasn’t expecting any. Three of their ultras turned on me and said he isn’t worth beating up. Probably true but on this occasion I was happy to stand my ground.

First half was slightly better than the light show.

The second half was as entertaining as the light show.

Lovely finishes from Akanji and Haaland.

Rico isn’t a right back.

It’s about time Nunes pulled his finger out. Think we were all thinking that metaphorically though.

Reactions: Vic
One of those typical, annoying CL games which happens before a HUGE game at weekend. To be honest, I knew we'd win it was just a case of how many and once we we're 2-0 up after 10 minutes there was nothing to watch really. One problem the CL throws up is plenty of dead-rubber games and really, this was one.

The only thing that worried me was that their players would be trying too hard and maybe land one on Haaland/Dias/Rodri/etc. If I'm honest, I thought they were a good team for what they have - the manager has a big future ahead of him I think and I can see him in the PL before long.

I was surprised to see Nunes dislocate his finger like he did, wasn't nice to see. I really can't work him out at all if I'm honest, I can't see much in his game. Hopefully he comes good next year but if he can't run a game playing for us against Copenhagen, when will he do it?

Great to see the youngsters get a game and they all looked decent - the pass from Wright to Lewis at the end was superb.

As for the CL, part of me thinks we need to play a big team next. I think a big result against Real/Bayern could really set us up for a big finish to the season.

Overall, we won and no one will remember it. I'm just glad the players will be fit for the game at weekend which could decide both teams' season!

A shout out to Jacob Wright making his CL debut. Waited a while for the ball to go out of play, but then came on and did more in 5 minutes than Kalvin managed in 18months! Showed for the ball constantly, confident enough to receive it anywhere and retain possession and even slotted a lovely pass through the lines leading to Rico's late chance.

The future looks bright with the talent we have coming through, even after selling and loaning a fair number in recent seasons.

Walking away from the ground I noticed a gang of Copenhagen fans attacking the buses. I’m no fighter but decided to go alongside the thugs and distract them by singing city songs. Champions of Europe and We are the City Boys. Hardly any back up but I wasn’t expecting any. Three of their ultras turned on me and said he isn’t worth beating up. Probably true but on this occasion I was happy to stand my ground.
Good on you, though I’m left speculating about Copenhagen hard men. What, do they throw pastries and try to pour coffee on opposing fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.