Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 16 - Spaced Out - RobMCFC (pg 338)

Although my favourite Hooters album is One Way Home, I have considered nominating Nervous Night on the album thread because it's almost as good, less Americana-based and more quirky.
Indeed and quirky is what made them hometown favo(u)rites! Just put a cheesesteak in your clue and I'll get the band. :-)
I believe that they opened the US leg of Live Aid because they were hometown favourites.
Correct, and I should have gone being about an hour away, but that's a story for another day. I still remember manning my VCR all day to get all the footage I could from both venues.

Love - Andmoreagain

Was lucky enough to see Arthur a few times on his second go around, with the Baby Lemonade guys, and when they did this song the contrast of this bloke who had the look and air of a pirate who might do something dangerous/stupid at the drop of a hat, tenderly singing the little heartbeat sounds was always really affecting.

Last edited:
After the sad news that Paz has left the band, there’s only one appropriate tune to pick.
La La Love You - Pixies

Kim Deal served a longer sentence but managed to get hers commuted to two stints! Anybody managing to put with with Francis for a decade deserves time off for good behaviour.

Was going to go with another of the poignant downers, but it is Friday, let's go with something bit more upbeat, poppy and positive. Predictable and basic, but catchy and fun.

Placebo - loud like love.

Might yet list one or two that didn't make the cut, as 'optional listening'.

Was lucky enough to see Arthur a few times on his second go around, with the Baby Lemonade guys, and when they did this song the contrast of this bloke who had the look and air of a pirate who might do something dangerous/stupid at the drop of a hat, tenderly singing the little heartbeat sounds was always really affecting.
I saw him on those tours as well. The rumours were they didn't plug his guitar in as he couldn't remember the songs that well!!

Not been on this thread before but looking back wish I had found it earlier. It popped up today as I checked 'What's New.'

So if it is an open post kinda thing I would like to suggest a Northern Soul Classic as my first ever selection for the current theme of Love.

Do I Love You (Indeed I do) Frank Wilson

Last edited:
Going to ditch my original pick for today as I've just noticed that the playlist is virtually all blokes singing about love. So to rebalance the books a bit I'm going with a Goffin/King song. Probably the best know version is Duty Springfield's but I think in trying to make it a bit darker it comes off as a bit morose whereas the version I've picked is more up tempo with a lovely rolling feel to the rhythm section.

I Can't Make It Alone - Maria McKee

Maria McKee (at least for a while) disowned the album this came from as being a bit too polished and polite (which it probably is compared to the prior lone justice stuff) but it's got some cracking songs on it and three covers, of which this is one, that all stand up brilliantly to the originals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.