Canary Islands

It’s Tenerife no question. Not even close. Just remember that there’s more to the place than Las America’s and Los Cristianos like most visitors and you can have a ball.
Just ask if you want some advice on where to stay. Lived there for over a decade and still have a place there, tend to get over 4/5 times a year mainly for quick visits.
I can only imagine those who don’t rate it haven’t been recently or chose the wrong area/hotel.

I prefer Lanzarote. I like Playa Blanca but we are staying in Pocillos this year near the airport. I’ve never had rain in Lanzarote. Bit of cloud and windy now and again but don’t think I’ve ever seen a drop of rain.

I prefer Lanzarote. I like Playa Blanca but we are staying in Pocillos this year near the airport. I’ve never had rain in Lanzarote. Bit of cloud and windy now and again but don’t think I’ve ever seen a drop of rain.
We’re going playa blanca for a week in may, 1st visit to Lanzarote

It’s Tenerife no question. Not even close. Just remember that there’s more to the place than Las America’s and Los Cristianos like most visitors and you can have a ball.
Just ask if you want some advice on where to stay. Lived there for over a decade and still have a place there, tend to get over 4/5 times a year mainly for quick visits.
I can only imagine those who don’t rate it haven’t been recently or chose the wrong area/hotel.
Not been to any of the others so nothing to compare with but enjoy tenerife especially in our winter..
Like you say so much more to it than the tourist areas especially in the North of the island which has a much more traditional Spanish feel. Garrichico and Masca are must visits and even in the tourist areas a lot depends on where you stay

A difficult connundrum, as each island hold it's own aces .. a case of horses for courses.

Tenerife: We like the south of the Island from Cristianos through to Fanabe that has one of the best promenade walks in the world, with beautiful views of the surrounding ocean to appease the errant traveller. Porto Colon after the Adeje, has some fabulous restauraunts, and is beyond quaint and pretty.

Having said that, we also like Golf del Sur which a few have mentioned, that's benefitted immensly from needed work to its promenade and infrastructure. Tend to stay at the Diamond resorts such as Santa Barbara and the Sunset View apartments opposite San Blas which are immaculately furnished, and a home from home.

A great afternoon slurp or three is to be had at the bowling club, with a few interspersed Irish bars to wet the whistle of an evening.

Fueteventura, Gran Canaria and Lanzerote all make for brilliant holiday destinations and so so difficult to call. Tenerife is more Brit oriented and better priced than the other islands that attract the scandinavians and europeans. Only thing with Tenerife is the increased prices of actually getting their compared to the others. Better to DIY for better accomodation and keener pricing.

Last edited:
nice ride in Tenerife is from puerto de la cruz going south, cut through the mountains and stand at the side of the road where you will be meters above the clouds, unbeleivable scenary, the road eventualy drops down into los Gigantes where you can join the the faster road back to Americas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.