Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 17 - Alcohol - Mancitydoogle (pg 344)

A few of mine that didn’t make the cut

John Prine ‘In Spite Of Ourselves’

Jason Isbell ‘If We were Vampies’

Alice Cooper ‘You and Me’

When I was thinking about songwriters who have written extensively and well about love, Prine was one of the people I thought of. Down to earth love songs for us ordinary folk rather than the beautiful people.

A few of mine that didn’t make the cut

John Prine ‘In Spite Of Ourselves’

Jason Isbell ‘If We were Vampies’

Alice Cooper ‘You and Me’

I decided to limit myself to songs with “Love” in the title: there were enough of those. If I’d gone wider, Meat Loaf might have made it With “Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad”.

I think someone mentioned “God Only Knows” but not sure if that made the list. And someone did put “Time After Time” forward.

Just while it is Sunday, and before we all get into our pre and post match moods..

Anybody up for setting a theme and kicking us off next Monday? Newcomers welcome to go for it too, such as @Blue Tooth or @NotThreeSpireshonest

If it’s a week tomorrow, I can do that but still not long since my last turn so don’t want to Q jump.

It is a week tomorrow. New round, so anyone can go any time really. Bimbo was the first of the new go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.