Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 17 - Alcohol - Mancitydoogle (pg 344)

It is a week tomorrow. New round, so anyone can go any time really. Bimbo was the first of the new go.
BWBMT sounds like his preparation is ahead of mine. I have an idea but not worked out all the songs yet; not that I don’t have multiple themed playlists on my iTunes but this is a new theme so could provide one at a drop of a hat.

How about BWBMT goes next and I do the one after that?

It is a week tomorrow. New round, so anyone can go any time really. Bimbo was the first of the new go.
BWBMT sounds like his preparation is ahead of mine. I have an idea but not worked out all the songs yet; not that I don’t have multiple themed playlists on my iTunes but this is a new theme so could provide one at a drop of a hat.

How about BWBMT goes next and I do the one after that?

Thanks, and in looking at the calendar, I can go on 18 March but not on 1 April (no foolin') as I will be on the road that week towards the "Great American Eclipse".

Last edited:
Got fooled by the reduced format, which gave me a bit of a false sense of security, thinking I had hunners of time.

Good playlist, more big and known songs than typically, and good variety i.e not all mopey love stricken ballads.

Of the opening 5, Kaleo was somewhat interesting. Of the rest, I really enjoyed the Blue Nile, Masters Apprentice, Bad Company. I keep saying it, should really explore the Smithereens more. Most of the rest was good hearing again, special mention to band of horses and civil wars.

Good that Bimbo is a lover not a fighter as I've enjoyed this list. Per Coatigan it was bit different from recent weeks in that there was less unknown stuff but that didn't make it any less enjoyable.

Favourite of the stuff I was unfamiliar with was Bill Ryder-Smith

Best of the familiar but I hadn't heard for a fair while - Blue Nile

and lots of familiar but very enjoyable stuff, mentions in despatches to:

Laughing Len
Lau
Bad Company
Pixies
Love
Frank Wilson
Sandy Denny

Last edited:
What a week: holiday, delivering a training course at work, busy trying to sort out other things at work and a major health issue. So although I made my way through most of the list, I wasn't giving it my undivided attention.

From the original list, the KALEO and Thunder tracks were excellent. I remember Thunder's first album because we had a copy at the hospital radio station I used to work for and I made a tape of it.

Also enjoyed U2, Led Zep, Bad Company, Van Halen and Cyndi Lauper all of which I have heard before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.