Dennis Tueart - 50 Years A Blue

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of Dennis Tueart becoming one of us.

Before the takeover, Dennis, along with Big Dave Watson, was one of my favourite players, just behind Frannie.

He was a wonderful player, and scored some brilliant goals in Blue, including the one voted best League Cup final goal of all time.

He went on to become a director of the club, and is still held in high regard by many Blues.

Remember when he went seeing a local blue in a strange footie shirt which turned out to be a NY cosmos shirt. Thought it was a Northern Ireland jersey but had Tueart's name on it.

Today marks the 50th anniversary of Dennis Tueart becoming one of us.

Before the takeover, Dennis, along with Big Dave Watson, was one of my favourite players, just behind Frannie.

He was a wonderful player, and scored some brilliant goals in Blue, including the one voted best League Cup final goal of all time.

He went on to become a director of the club, and is still held in high regard by many Blues.
My son named after him S tueart

Met him on a Junior Blues tour, I stayed behind to talk to him while the guided party went elsewhere.

In the days before mobiles I held the LC with him in the boardroom.

Gutted isn't the word when he left us, IIRC his last game was a third replay at the swamp v Luton also in the LC, which I watched from the Stretford End.

As it's 50 years today since Dennis Tueart arrived at City here's the video of an interview I did with him about 6 months ago about him... er... um... leaving MCFC and joining NY Cosmos (follow the link):

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2023/09/27/dennis-tueart-interview/

One day I'll get my old cassettes copied in time for moments like these. Years ago I did an audio interview with him about arriving at City and that coat he wore when he signed (he joked that he still had it and would bring it out to scare the kids!). Sadly that interview, like most of my interviews, is on an old tape.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 16.01.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 16.01.56.png
    298.2 KB · Views: 20

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.