Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I am getting more than a little irked this morning by the stories of Liverpool's "twelfth man" and the unique atmosphere at Anfield. It seems that more than a few of our own supporters believe that we go to pieces at Anfield as a result. I will say as clearly as I can that City did not go to pieces yesterday thogh some of our fans may have as a result of their own neuroses. The MEN has quite rightly argued that Pep did everything he could to counter the frenzied attempts to rouse scousers to fever pitch, from avoiding the bus welcome to slowing the game down when Liverpool tried to exert pressure. It worked: City controlled the game in the first half and took the lead. In the second half Liverpool did exert pressure but what is ignore is that City had more shots on target and the more the game wore on the more City seemed the winners if there was to be one. The scousers had appeals for four penalties but this was a sign of desperation. Klopp's heavy metal football had put City to the test but we had stood up to it. And City had found yet again that their "twelfth man" was certainly no different to that at the Bernabeu, the Nou Camp, the Allianz, Old Trafford or the Emirates ... or the Etihad to those who have to brave it (as the Real players have testified).

Last edited:
after a treble win we needed a big transfer window or a huge one to inject some new energy into the squad and some additional hunger too. we needed that even if Gundogan and Mahrez had stayed imo. but with them leaving even more...

but good thing is its a big warning sign to Txiki and co to plan better, bigger next summer and be more quicker and more decisive dont wait around for KDB to decide if he leaves maybe or not or beg Walker to stay etc. if you get 3 players in its better to reduce it to one or two but one or two that walk into the line up and add serious value and make rivals sit up and shit themselves.

wanting Bellingham early May then Rice in June and then signing Nunes last day of the window, is not great planning. esppecially if you look at what Rice adds to Arse, what Bellingham adds to Real and what Nunes+Kova adds to City. night and day...

Okay due to the usual furore if Liverpool feel they have been robbed ( Ironic really coming from them ) and the expected pile on from the media, given it's us, their hated villain involved, I have seen about 50 replays of the Doku incident today. Definitely not a penalty is my final decision. Doku goes for and gets to the ball. McAlister realising this starts to throw himself into it to initiate contact, then rolls around like he's been shot. Doku realises McAlister is coming and pulls out of the challenge. Conclusion? McAlister is a cheating **** and Doku, like Ederson, has to be more careful on challenges in the box.

Last edited:
The piece of play yesterday where Haaland was running at Van Dijk, I thought he should have had the pace to get away from him. Especially as Van Dijk is turned one way and then the other and has his back to Haaland for a split second. Thought Haaland lacked a bit of belief that he could outpace him.
It was pretty good defending that. He played well for them as did the kid next to him.

after a treble win we needed a big transfer window or a huge one to inject some new energy into the squad and some additional hunger too. we needed that even if Gundogan and Mahrez had stayed imo. but with them leaving even more...

but good thing is its a big warning sign to Txiki and co to plan better, bigger next summer and be more quicker and more decisive dont wait around for KDB to decide if he leaves maybe or not or beg Walker to stay etc. if you get 3 players in its better to reduce it to one or two but one or two that walk into the line up and add serious value and make rivals sit up and shit themselves.

wanting Bellingham early May then Rice in June and then signing Nunes last day of the window, is not great planning. esppecially if you look at what Rice adds to Arse, what Bellingham adds to Real and what Nunes+Kova adds to City. night and day...
This is nonsense, we didn't get Bellingham or Rice because they wanted other teams, nothing to do with planning. We were getting Paqueta, unti the betting charge,againn nothing to do with planning. Who would you have gone for then, better to wait. Nunes and Kovacic ,especially Kovacic have nothing to do with it.

Macallister was very clever, lunged at Doku’s high boot as he was clearing the ball, 9 times out of 10 he con’s the ref like he has conned the very conn-able impartial football journalists. Only 5 more years of constant reminding of this “injustice “ to go
Doku had already kicked the ball. His bent leg and the direction of the ball negates claims of reckless or dangerous play. No pen for me.

Mac Allister was doing what Liverpool players had done all game by aggressively going for the ball even if it meant through the player.

My opinion is we will be playing livarpool next year and they will be managed by klippity. No info just a gut feeling.
Said that from the start, he's just feeding his Jupiter sized ego, at the end of the season he'll say he hasn't got the heart to leave the fans having wallowed in the love poured on him by the media and the wailing of the kop

We are still in a good position. 10 games to go in the PL and 1 point off the leader. Liverpool rattled our cage in the 2nd half. We were not allowed to play our normal game in the 2nd half. Credit needs to go to Liverpool. We did not lose. We might have scraped a win. How often do we say that these days? Very rarely. Alvarez probably should have gone off much earlier. He kept losing posession. That said, we are unbeaten in our last 21 games. Still lots to be positive about. Come on City. We can do this.

I have just about calmed down and fumigated myself after yesterday's game. Firstly a big shout out to Sue, steward number 636 who told me to fuck off and gesticulated wildly in my direction at the final whistle. Probably her last game ever as a steward. Secondly do their 'fans' have some sort of terms and conditions attached to their tickets i.e. scream very loudly for every throw in, free kick, corner etc even when we know it's not our ball. Quiet as a mouse first half, woke up briefly during the second half after they scored and at the very end. That said the one thing they have on us is the fact that the vast majority appear to stay to the very end as opposed to at the Etihad where around 75 minutes the mass exodus begins. We had the upper hand in the first half, they came back strongly in the second, happy with the point, it was definitely a not lose game. 30 points to play for and if Pep stops experimenting after the international break then we will win the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.