Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The piece of play yesterday where Haaland was running at Van Dijk, I thought he should have had the pace to get away from him. Especially as Van Dijk is turned one way and then the other and has his back to Haaland for a split second. Thought Haaland lacked a bit of belief that he could outpace him.
Easy to say for us, but i agreed at the time. Thought he was going to knock it and get after it but he looked intimidated which I couldn't believe. Wasnt like normal Erling for sure.

The embarrassing twats crying all over social media. Perhaps if you didn't fall over at every available opportunity in the box when there's little or no contact the ref might have more sympathy - yes you Salah you cheating ****!

The ball arrived between them at a really awkward height, probably between chest and waist, I think its valid to go with a foot for that ball. Its dangerous use of the head (believe it or not) to try to head that and makes contact with him. Clearly to me McAllistair throws himself at Doku with his head turned away from any contact - he wasn't attempting to win the ball merely initiating the contact and then faking he was fouled. There was barely any contact with the side of Dokus boot yet he rolled around on the floor as if he'd been jujitsued with studs - pitiful. Does anyone think he was hurt by that - really? No me neither. I also think the ref is shielded from the actual contact and just sees him go down. He realised theres no force in the challenge and then waits to see if there is any referral by VAR. There wasn't. Added to the fact they had spent the last 5 minutes throwing themselves on the floor in the box - he knew what was going on. Awarding a penalty in the 10th minute of 8 minutes extra time for that would have been a fucking travesty, I was as surprised as everyone he didnt as it was Anfield where onfield cheating is par for the course. The feral cunts of course get the victim card out every time it affects them. Get fucked we've been bent over there more times than I care to remember - think yourselves lucky Jezza hit the post and the rebound doesn't go to Foden.
Bang on

Pass completion:

Akanji 93%
Doku 90%
Kovacic 90%
Rodri 86%
Stones 82%
Ake 79%
KDB 64%
Alvarez 55%

Touches:

Rodri 123, everyone else under 80.

One of the best bits of defending I've seen all season. VVD did everything right to limit Haaland, without giving away a foul & risking a sending off.
For a split second Haaland had him. He should have kept him twisting and turning for three or four more strides.

If Haaland had moved him to his right until he can’t see him
He has to turn
As he turns he moves back left before he catches sight
The defender can’t see you as you always move out of his eyeline

He gets in on his left foot at the moment of his choosing.
I honestly thought that would be what he was trying to do for a second.

I can understand the frustration of some on here bemoaning the fact that we didn’t punish a fairly lightweight dipper team, compared to some we’ve faced there over the years ..
However, we are 1 point off the pace with 10 games to go, are there any of us who wouldnt have taken that at the start of the season ??

I’m chuffed to fuck the position we are in, QF in the FA Cup and CL and a win against the Arse at home to possibly go into top spot .. With our run in pedigree, I’m backing City to win the lot again …!

Last edited:
Pleased with a point, as IMO we arnt playing as well this season as previous ones.

Clearly missing Gundog and Mahrez, and we have not replaced either with like for like replacements as yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.