The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes you think Arsenal won't be at the finish line ? They have the most balanced team out of the three.
because they'll lose at the etihad, and draw a lot afterwards as well, they have below single digit chance of winning it. If we don't win it then Liverpool will

But if I remember rightly they didnt have as good a back 4 asc they do now and they certainly didn't have Declan Rice, this seasons difference maker for Arsenal. Their only downfall could be messing about with their gk and relying on Havertz too get them goals.

difference maker? they have less points than last season

Champion of europe , england and the world with 10 more to play and 1 point behind the top.
I guess some never learn from past experiences.
I'm an old City fan, so cannot shake off the "City-itus" doubt, that we will feck things up.
Regarding the title (remember we are hoping & trying to defend 3 trophies), I think Arsenal could have the trump card of only realistically having the Premier League as winnable ?
If they don't beat Porto this week, which they may forfeit, they will only have 10 League games to play.
Both City & LFC are favourites to win in the FA Cup on the weekend, also progressing to their respective European trophy quarter finals.
That would mean playing at least 3 extra games over Arsenal.
I would bet that both City and LFC go further in the FA Cup and in Europe though - so even more games (5 or 6 at least) than Arsenal...

If we win next Sat we'll play a semi at Wembley instead of spurs,
and we would probably play spurs midweek before the final matchday.
Cheers, that's a great incentive for us to really try and win v Newcastle now. I was thinking we might sack off the Cup but it makes sense to really go for a semi final place now...cursed it haven't I?

I’m hoping Arsenal draw Inter in the Champions League if they get past Porto, then we can assess how good they are.

This is not just directed at you, but there is literally no stat dumber than "points won last season".

It's not last season. The teams are different. The opposition is different. It has zero bearing on this season.

It's not that dumb

If they don't win the title and end up with the same or less points by the end of the season as last year, then can you say Rice was a difference maker?

What other statistic can you really go on?

The dippers signings have been differece makers for them, that's why they are in a much better position than last season and that is simply down to them having more points due to getting a better midfield. Even if they don't win anything, they've clearly improved on the season before.

It's not that dumb

If they don't win the title and end up with the same or less points by the end of the season as last year, then can you say Rice was a difference maker?

What other statistic can you really go on?

The dippers signings have been differece makers for them, that's why they are in a much better position than last season and that is simply down to them having more points due to getting a better midfield. Even if they don't win anything, they've clearly improved on the season before.

It's as dumb as statistics get.

The whole point of a comparison is to have one variable and everything else constant so you can work out if the variable matters.

Points this year vs last year has no constants. It's all variables. The opposition are literally different teams. The ones that are the same have different players and managers, and the team you're comparing is not the same. It's meaningless drivel invented to create a little bit of social media content.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.