Does anyone else feel like this?

That's correct about behaviour nowadays IMHO. As an example, Mrs Bill & her sister were on a train from Carlisle to Newcastle a few months ago and were seriously intimidated by a gang of teenage lads. Real low life - running and jumping around the carriage barking like dogs, no doubt coked up to the eyeballs. Breasting up to my wife & sister when they told them to behave, shouting what they would do to them. Disgusting - both are in their 60's. They picked on the wrong ones as they are a pair of feisty ladies at the best of times (tell me about it ! ). In the absence of any assistance from fellow passengers they got the guard to try to sort them out. Unfortunately said guard was also a lady and got similar treatment and these animals just carried on intimidating others in the carriage. The Transport Police were waiting at the station but the scrotes legged it, jumping over the barrier still barking & screeching like hyenas.No doubt off to shop lift somewhere and to generally terrorise anyone who had the misfortune to cross their path. What a society we now appear to be living in.

Ugh. Utter dregs of society mate.

Of course most teenagers are perfectly polite normal people but it’s always the scum who stand out isn’t it.

Ugh. Utter dregs of society mate.

Of course most teenagers are perfectly polite normal people but it’s always the scum who stand out isn’t it.
As you say, a minority.

My guess is that the current generation of teens are much better behaved than my generation.

In my opinion they got carried away by the demand last season. However I’m sure reality is now sinking in that there nowhere near sufficient demand for 60k tickets at current pricing.

Empty seats for multiple games the season after a treble and still on for another treble is an indication they have badly miscalculated pricing or demand.
There is demand. It’s the pricing that’s putting lots of people off. League games in particular are extortionate at times

I use the trains often and have never had significant trouble. I’ve been goaded by Leeds fans and West Ham fans but that’s it. Not displaying colours would’ve presumably stopped it both times.

That's correct about behaviour nowadays IMHO. As an example, Mrs Bill & her sister were on a train from Carlisle to Newcastle a few months ago and were seriously intimidated by a gang of teenage lads. Real low life - running and jumping around the carriage barking like dogs, no doubt coked up to the eyeballs. Breasting up to my wife & sister when they told them to behave, shouting what they would do to them. Disgusting - both are in their 60's. They picked on the wrong ones as they are a pair of feisty ladies at the best of times (tell me about it ! ). In the absence of any assistance from fellow passengers they got the guard to try to sort them out. Unfortunately said guard was also a lady and got similar treatment and these animals just carried on intimidating others in the carriage. The Transport Police were waiting at the station but the scrotes legged it, jumping over the barrier still barking & screeching like hyenas.No doubt off to shop lift somewhere and to generally terrorise anyone who had the misfortune to cross their path. What a society we now appear to be living in.

It’s awful when you’re in an enclosed space with disruptive people.

But it’s also easy to judge the worst behaved young people with their generation as a whole.

I’ve seen plenty of blokes in their 40s & 50s behaving like absolute twats on my travels. But no one would judge their whole generation on their behaviour.

In my opinion they got carried away by the demand last season. However I’m sure reality is now sinking in that there nowhere near sufficient demand for 60k tickets at current pricing.

Empty seats for multiple games the season after a treble and still on for another treble is an indication they have badly miscalculated pricing or demand.
It’s not just pricing, which is disgusting, it’s also disenfranchising supporters who don’t have season tickets. Some of these people want one but have been given no indication they will ever again be able to get one, some people think what’s the point in going to Brentford, Burnley or Copenhagen as when the likes of United or Real Madrid come to town I’ve got next to no chance of getting those tickets. Some people who may have otherwise considered giving up season tickets because they can’t or don’t want to attend regularly anymore are clinging on to them for the above reasons.
The club have made an absolute mess of ticketing and here we are.

It’s not just pricing, which is disgusting, it’s also disenfranchising supporters who don’t have season tickets. Some of these people want one but have been given no indication they will ever again be able to get one, some people think what’s the point in going to Brentford, Burnley or Copenhagen as when the likes of United or Real Madrid come to town I’ve got next to no chance of getting those tickets. Some people who may have otherwise considered giving up season tickets because they can’t or don’t want to attend regularly anymore are clinging on to them for the above reasons.
The club have made an absolute mess of ticketing and here we are.
This. As a blue of nearly 40 years but with only occasional days where making it to a game would be possible, the ticketing system feels like it has an impregnable force field around it.

Absolutely no issue with a loyalty system, those who commit the most time, money and energy to the club getting priority etc - it’s been that way for decades and rightly so, and I feel great sympathy for those who should be getting tickets to the big games and can’t.

But even that aside, you visit the ticketing page on the club website these days and the whole process from that point to getting a match ticket on to your phone feels like you need a degree in computer engineering. I’m reasonably tech savvy but the amount of electronic hoop-jumping it took to get my ticket the other week took me nearly an hour. And £48 for the privilege.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.