Does anyone else feel like this?

Demand is there, pricing isn't a father and son at west ham could watch the games v Brentford and Burnley or 26 quid in total for each game, for City fans the cheapest was 74 quid, the club have gone down the route of maximum revenue, pay or miss out, out pricing if ridiculous for our demographic

Also the club are a load of greedy cunts when it comes to reselling tickets.

If I list my ticket on the exchange I get about 30 quid, the club then resell it for almost triple.

Inexcusable, pure greed and robbery.

It’s not just pricing, which is disgusting, it’s also disenfranchising supporters who don’t have season tickets. Some of these people want one but have been given no indication they will ever again be able to get one, some people think what’s the point in going to Brentford, Burnley or Copenhagen as when the likes of United or Real Madrid come to town I’ve got next to no chance of getting those tickets. Some people who may have otherwise considered giving up season tickets because they can’t or don’t want to attend regularly anymore are clinging on to them for the above reasons.
The club have made an absolute mess of ticketing and here we are.

I’m in that boat.

I miss several games a season. Some people on here will scoff at me for saying this but it’s because I have other hobbies and City is just one of them. My life isn’t dictated by the city fixture list.

If tickets weren’t stupid money I’d sack off my season ticket and just buy tickets as and when.

This seems to be morphing into two separate topics: However, I'm not convinced that it's just City who are disenfranchising their traditional fanbase.

1/ Tourists and half-n-half scarves in the City end at Anfield when regular supporters were unable to get a ticket
2/ The future of the hardcore ETIHAD support, especially when the capacity is increased to 60k

Now I'm a guilty as anyone when it comes to rose tinted, misty eyed memories of the days when a terrace ticket was only slightly more expensive than a pint of bitter. However, I can also recall some pretty shite attendances, not just at Maine Road, but all over the country.

Nowadays, it's almost the complete opposite, and whilst individual match tickets can be too expensive, it's equally true that the empty seats for the less attractive midweek/early kick off games are mainly down to the Season Tickets being too cheap, and lethargic supporters simply not tempted by the prospect of the Brentford goalkeeper timewasting at every goal kick, or navigating around the latest train strike in pouring rain, when everyone knows that we'll score a couple of early goals against Burnley before taking our foot off the gas.

There were visible empty seats at Stamford Bridge last night so it's not just City. However, I'm not sure that the solution is purely down to price.
Similarly, the half-n-half scarves have been with us for longer than people choose to remember. I can definitely recall half a dozen French supporters laughing and joking in front of me as United almost equalized in the last minute at Old Trafford in 2012-13.
It's undeniably annoying, but you see them all over the country and sadly, they're here to stay.

I’m in that boat.

I miss several games a season. Some people on here will scoff at me for saying this but it’s because I have other hobbies and City is just one of them. My life isn’t dictated by the city fixture list.

If tickets weren’t stupid money I’d sack off my season ticket and just buy tickets as and when.
I don’t blame you one iota for hanging on to that season ticket. Unless the club change their policies never let it go.

I don’t blame you one iota for hanging on to that season ticket. Unless the club change their policies never let it go.

To add, I always list the ticket on the exchange when I can’t make a game. Probs 4-5 times a season.

I get 30 quid and the club sell it on for 3x that. Cunts.

Reading through this thread, a lot of the people are pointing fingers at people of Asian descent like they are "tourists" who don't follow the Club and are there just for the selfies. Two points:

1) The biggest ethnic minority in Manchester is Asian British, constituting 21% of the population of Manchester. In the Greater Manchester area, 48% of all minorities are Asian. That's not even counting 1st generation migrants who have, oftentimes, been in Manchester for decades. Why are we assuming they are "tourists"?
2) Even if some of the tourists are from Asian countries, shouldn't we admire them for their efforts? Imagine traveling from another continent to see City. That's as much of a "I will follow you anywhere" as you will ever see. Seeing so many posts mentioning Asian people like they are the problem doesn't sit right with me.

If the so-called legacy fans are missing out, the club is to blame, not fellow City fans.

I largely had a Seasoncard despite not always being able to attend because it guaranteed me a seat in a preferred section. I don’t have the patience or interest to buy match by match because of the many reasons fellow Bluemooners share.

Reading through this thread, a lot of the people are pointing fingers at people of Asian descent like they are "tourists" who don't follow the Club and are there just for the selfies. Two points:

1) The biggest ethnic minority in Manchester is Asian British, constituting 21% of the population of Manchester. In the Greater Manchester area, 48% of all minorities are Asian. That's not even counting 1st generation migrants who have, oftentimes, been in Manchester for decades. Why are we assuming they are "tourists"?
2) Even if some of the tourists are from Asian countries, shouldn't we admire them for their efforts? Imagine traveling from another continent to see City. That's as much of a "I will follow you anywhere" as you will ever see. Seeing so many posts mentioning Asian people like they are the problem doesn't sit right with me.

If the so-called legacy fans are missing out, the club is to blame, not fellow City fans.
As kids, we would celebrate a win celebrate a win in the Chinese takeaway on Chandos Grove. The young Chinese family loved to say Nicky Reid is ace.

I think posters are focussing on Asian people who don’t support City but manage to get tickets in our away end for the biggest games. I don’t think anyone is against Asian people in general.

I’ve been saying for years that we should attract more Asian fans to home games, given their love of football and that is what has happened. That’s self-evident on the 10.57 from Victoria to Leeds after midweek games, particularly for group stages and early CL knock out rounds. They are all welcome. I’ve even forgiven Imran for deserting the Harrogate Blues to set up his own Supporters Club Branch!

Last edited:

City have never had much of a following from local south Asian communities, who are different from Japanese tourists for example. Going to one game isn't following everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.