Champions League | Last 16 | 5/6/12/13 Mar '24

Arsenal, Barcelona and the winner of Dortmund vs PSV the best bets for us. PSG and Bayern decent draws. Real Madrid and winner of Atletico/Inter (for different reasons) to avoid.

Ultimately though, any of the 8 can progress whatever the draw. I only see us, Real or Inter winning it though.
Dont want Inter, Bayern, Arsenal or PSG in that Order

Just got back from the match. I'll have to watch it back on TV but it looked like Porto were super motivated and closed down well. Their left back (Wendell?) had Saka on toast.

Ref seemed to let a lot go but I think that favoured Arsenal as if he blew for fouls more often Porto would have milked it.

Didn't see what Odegaard's disallowed goal was for but some fans near me said it was the correct decision.

We look knackered, the 3 weeks off will do us a world of good. Glad we got through but I don't think we were the better side today, without ever looking like they were going to score. Rice was poor today I thought, Saliba looked nervous, Zinchenko had the 1st touch of a racehorse when he came on. Haavertz was our best player as he was pulling them around and also shithousing their midfielders a lot.

I'm absolutely exhausted going through that, I think we are a bit too emotional at times, that game was there to be won by playing through the lines more.

Not sure what's happened to our set pieces, I thought Porto dealt with them well.

Take note Arteta - what works against Sheffield and Burnley doesn't work in the Champions League and won't work at the Etihad either - play through the middle more and don't let Saka be so predictable (get the ball from White/Odegaard, cut inside, fall over, hold ankle, wait for foul). Ref wasn't buying it today.

This is why I was partly happy for Arsenal to go through as a City fan.

Playing these CL games between title deciding games is draining as a player and and as a fan. It took City near on 10 years to become good at managing it and even then it is still an incredibly difficult challenge that needs a bit of luck involved as well. Even great Wenger teams couldn't do both.

I just think because of the lack of experience and age of the Arsenal squad, something will have to give, whether it is in the league or CL. I just cannot see Arsenal fighting on both fronts. A lot depends on the draw I suppose.

In regards to the 3 weeks off, whilst it will be good for fitness, I am not convinced it will be great for the momentum. Especially if we can beat you in that first game back. Could end up being a month between wins.

April and May are going to be carnage, but it will be a great watch.

Would've preferred to see a Porto win last night, but in terms of the league it's probably better for us that Arsenal are still in the CL.
You and are among the few that think this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.