Old Maine Road photos thread

Class that was at them games, remember Wimbledon game first game of season and while the match was on a mob of Chelsea turned up as they had an earlier kick off at Highbury. Good old days.
<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Snippets outside maine rd/ advance to 4m30secs

I hated the new Kippax and Platt Lane stands. I still miss Maine Road though.
absolutely.......New kippax and Umbro stands were shyte.

Getting rid of the old Kippax made matchday die for me.

(Them bogs though! FFS Can still smell them)

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Snippets outside maine rd/ advance to 4m30secs

Funny, because despite attending all three games that's the first time I've ever seen those Fulham goals at Craven Cottage.
In fact, I missed all of Fulham's 4 goals in the First Half, after spending around 30 minutes puking-up in the toilets of the Ernie Clay Stand.

IMG-20240222-WA0042.jpg
Manchester City v Fenerbahce, 1st Leg European Cup match at Maine Road, September 1968.
IMG-20240222-WA0038.jpg
IMG-20240222-WA0041.jpg
[IMG-20240222-WA0040.jpg
IMG-20240222-WA0039.jpg
Manchester City versus Leeds United. A jubilant Charlton and a dejected Booth after the ball had gone into the net from a deflected shot and beaten Mulhearn for Leeds' first goal. November 1969.

Class that was at them games, remember Wimbledon game first game of season and while the match was on a mob of Chelsea turned up as they had an earlier kick off at Highbury. Good old days.
23 at the time . All i can remember about that Wimbledon game is that it was sweltering hot day . Sat on a pavement outside drinking cans of beer before the game . The rest is a blur . Carn`t even remember how i even got there .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.