The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoever comes back from these shitty international games with the least injuries will have a big advantage. Stupid I know but I always worry someone is going to be paid nicely for knobbling one of our players.

I’m not sure all of them have celebrated those many, many victories all the same. For many, the fear of failure must be suffocating and must have prevented them taking it in sufficiently. When it’s over and the race is run, the overriding emotion for some is relief, not joy, - still a great feeling mind, but I don’t get the sense that a decent minority of our support have taken anywhere near as much in as they could have done while Pep has been at the helm.

I think some prefer, or feel more comfortable existing in, a ‘typical City’ space - even though logic and experience should point them away from it. It’s actually a genuine shame for them because these times we are living through will be fleeting. Sure as night follows day.
Many great champions say it’s the fear of losing that drives them, not the joy of winning. Not that I’m a great champion or anything :-) but I’m totally wired the same. Bad things affect me negatively far more than good ones affect me positively

I’ll never forget sidling off upstairs as a grown ass man to have a little cry (literally) on my own when the rags beat Bayern in 99. The feeling of almost despair in that situation was a far more visceral one than the elation I felt when we did the treble. Maybe being a quarter of a century older is a factor though.

Arse and Dippers are the best teams {lol}ever and we're not playing that well, but their best is equivalent to our below par. They are probably shitting it that we are still within a point.

Many great champions say it’s the fear of losing that drives them, not the joy of winning. Not that I’m a great champion or anything :-) but I’m totally wired the same. Bad things affect me negatively far more than good ones affect me positively

I’ll never forget sidling off upstairs as a grown ass man to have a little cry (literally) on my own when the rags beat Bayern in 99. The feeling of almost despair in that situation was a far more visceral one than the elation I felt when we did the treble. Maybe being a quarter of a century older is a factor though.
One if the worst nights of football ever up there with Liverpool beating keegans Newcastle in turn basically giving the title to Utd

Have to demur slightly on the Arsenal verdict. Watch the game back. I'm not saying we dominated them. But they sure as hell didn't dominate us. They played like the away team. Deflected goal at the end. (Just like the Community Shield, incidentally).
When you look at it
Spurs equaliser 93 minute
Chelsea equaliser 95 minute
Palace equaliser 95 minute
If we could hang on for a minute after we’d already basically be champions

When you look at it
Spurs equaliser 93 minute
Chelsea equaliser 95 minute
Palace equaliser 95 minute
If we could hang on for a minute after we’d already basically be champions

Yes, that's the killer about this season, if we don't do it (the Arsenal winner, incidentally, is timed at eighty-six minutes, as well).
But that's a mentality thing, in my view. Conceding last minute goals usually is. Weakness and hesitation on one side — for a split second. Ferocious determination on the other for that split second.
We haven't quite had that steel this season that we had last. I don't know what to put that down to, but I don't really think it's due to Gundo and Mahrez moving on. Could simply be jadedness. I'd be fairly astonished if we win the CL, because you get punished for that sort of thing, and there's no comeback — you're out. Still think that we can and will win the PL, though.

Had at look at Redcafe and came across a point someone was trying to make.

Do you guys think we (Arsenal) have improved, hence why we were able to beat you this season? Or do you think you've regressed?

Had at look at Redcafe and came across a point someone was trying to make.

Do you guys think we (Arsenal) have improved, hence why we were able to beat you this season? Or do you think you've regressed?
You’ve improved but that’s not why you beat us. You certainly were no better than us that day.

You’ll do well to keep your powder dry but being arsenal fans that won’t happen and the giddiness overload will kick in.

Since your pen shoot out the other night I’ve come across so many Arsenal fans online claiming that odegaard is better than Kev, that he will win the Balon’dor that this team is better than everyone else. It’s fucking insufferable and I look forward to the reality setting in.

You’ve improved but that’s not why you beat us. You certainly were no better than us that day.

You’ll do well to keep your powder dry but being arsenal fans that won’t happen and the giddiness overload will kick in.

Since your pen shoot out the other night I’ve come across so many Arsenal fans online claiming that odegaard is better than Kev, that he will win the Balon’dor that this team is better than everyone else. It’s fucking insufferable and I look forward to the reality setting in.
Yeah I understand and Arsenal fans piss me off. Not all of us are wind up merchants/delusional. I think I read that we also have the largest online presence in some places.

Odegaard is good but no where near what KDB can do so the guy is chatting shit. In a combined XI the only players in our team getting in would be Rice and Saliba. Case could be made for Martinelli and Saka.

Yeah I understand and Arsenal fans piss me off. Not all of us are wind up merchants/delusional. I think I read that we also have the largest online presence in some places.

Odegaard is good but no where near what KDB can do so the guy is chatting shit. In a combined XI the only players in our team getting in would be Rice and Saliba. Case could be made for Martinelli and Saka.
You’ve got a great chance of winning the league this season. All 3 teams who are in the race should feel confident, I just find it ironic that the team’s supporters who have gone on and done it so often are the ones who don’t tend to go overboard whereas Arsenal and liverpool fans can’t help themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.