Newcastle United (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

We have since that game had 4 finals, 7 semi-finals and 6 charity shields. Not too shabby.
Don't forget the 6 League Cup Finals that City have been in since 2011.
They all count as Wembley appearances.
So that's 10 Cup Finals in total.
Incredible really,when you realize that we went 30 years without a major cup final appearance.

Pretty comfortable. Didn't really have to go through all the gears. Phil was great again. And it's always satisfying to beat this bunch of fickle bastards.

I don’t understand the tactics. We’ve got two CB’s in Walker and Gvaridol playing more or less as wingers, the former not having an attacking bone in his body. Our striker needs service on top of that. Despite this highly conservative approach from Pep, we’re still conceding goals for fun—shoutout to Akanji and Foden, who I thought were brilliant. Doku as well.
Mate I actually agree with some of your posts but not this.
Yesterday’s performance isn’t one to have any complaints.
We were fucking immense and walker attacked down the right quite a few times.

Many say that was one of our most controlled performances this season.

Thought that was impossible with Doku on the pitch :)

Pep will have a decision to make when both KDB and Grealish are in form. One from them and Kovacic should start on the bench in big games...

Last season it was Foden who was benched but he is a firm starter now.

Their fans are absolute dickheads. Empty fucking seats - didn’t they used to average 20000 not too long ago?
My mate’s kid was hit on the head by some wanker throwing coins from the 2nd tier. She’s alright thankfully. Fair play to City though, he reported it and by the time we’d got to the pub they called him and invited them all to another game.
Hopefully they’ll look at away ticketing again as this shit seems to happen at every cup game.

Very tidy performance. Doku was a lot better but needs to improve in the final 3rd. Often takes too many touches and misses the chance to release the ball before it's crowded or he is fouled. Gvardiol was excellent I thought. Foden class and Haaland really tried to make things happen.

Kovacic was brilliant. Gives us so much more control and breaks the lines well with his running and passing.

I really hope we go back to the system from last season. Kovacic for Gundo. Grealish wide left and the it's two of Foden, Bernardo and De Bruyne behind Haaland. Good luck Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.