Newcastle United (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

I don't know where folk get these ideas of 'shit' from. My seat neighbour doesn't particularly like Doku's contribution and compares it to Sterling, but today he had to admit when I said that he frightens defenders he begrudgingly agreed. Once he takes on board Pep's instructions to the letter and gets a few assists under his belt he'll realise his full potential. The way he leaves challengers in his wake over a two yard stretch and opens up the play is a very valuable asset.
Doku was absolutely excellent yesterday I thought. Caused them no end of problems and lit a very dull game up at times with his turns and runs. He was man of the match for me in the first half but a bit quieter second when Pep pushed him back out left with the game won.

Don't forget the 6 League Cup Finals that City have been in since 2011.
They all count as Wembley appearances.
So that's 10 Cup Finals in total.
Incredible really,when you realize that we went 30 years without a major cup final appearance.
Oops my mistakeI was doing in my head and missed the League Cups out - sorry.

Awful team with the money spent on them.

Didn't come to play at all, just hoof up the pitch and hope for the best

Spent more time crying about not getting decisions their way than focusing on the game.

How some more yellow cards were not dished out I don't know, Doku got clotheslined and no foul, and never mind the 2nd half tackles on Erling.

Overall City were solid front to back, had a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half where we gave the ball away too much

Don't think we had a bad player on the pitch, but special shout outs to Akanji, Gvardiol, Kovavic, Bernie, Doku and Phil

First half was pretty enjoyable second half was largely a borefest tbh. Newcastle look like they are on the beach already they have been in awful form for a while. Not much to take form the game tbh

I thought we played well but, as per, didn’t score enough goals. However, never felt any real jeopardy in the game because City controlled things so well.
The game was never in doubt from the moment we scored. I think that’s why so many people left early as well as the weather ! If Newcastle had somehow managed to fluke two late goals it would have been extra time in front of a quarter empty stadium!

I thought we played well but, as per, didn’t score enough goals. However, never felt any real jeopardy in the game because City controlled things so well.
Think we settled on 2 early in the second half and just controlled the game and coasted in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.