Protest?

EastMidlandsBlue

Team supported
Manchester City
Before I start, I want to say that on the field this has been the best few years I've witnessed as a blue. But off the field, I'm finding myself feeling angrier and angrier at the decisions being made by the club.

Recently we've seen:
  • Ticket Prices that completely price out our core support
  • More expensive Season Tickets than ever before
  • Far too many away tickets are being siphoned away from the loyalty points scheme
  • Home tickets for big games are being sold via Hospitality Packages and Third Party Websites, with very few being made available to Matchday members
  • Plans to put "Premium Seating" in the new north stand, despite constant calls from WeAre1894 and City Matters NOT to do this
  • Failure to acknowledge, let alone condemn, the trouble that our own fans faced in Istanbul

Not only are all of these a betrayal of the very supporters who've supported this club through thick and thin, but show a clear lack of long-term business understanding. Which tells me that our current business strategy is to make as much money as possible right now, and then 10 years from now it'll be someone else's problem anyway so who cares right?

The reason I believe we need to organise some kind of protest is that the club simply won't listen unless we make a fuss. They've proven time and time again that they won't listen to City Matters, and as individuals, we have absolutely no voice. If we make a fuss and the Media catch on, then we could finally start to see some change for the better.

Just a suggestion, would be interested to hear how others feel?

Whilst they've provided us with an incredible club with amazing success, the disconnect is palpable.
They've got a lot of goodwill in the bank, but be nice to get some consideration back now and then - I suppose they'd argue the trophies are the reward/payback, but despite the success there is definitely a feeling of being a mere customer (which ultimately we are I suppose). Maybe it's the brave new world and that's the way it is now. Who knows? The ongoing charges saga is also adding to the feeling of deflation, when we should be having the time of our lives, basking in glory. Fortunately I'm not too concerned about the price increase, what doesn't go up these days? More the alienation - the bobbins attempts to create atmosphere and matchday experience, the announcing, the lack of real fan input, - everything is so contrived.
I'm not bemoaning City Matters - but (OK I am) - it's just a tick box focus group being used by the club to say they've listened - yep, listened and then ignored.

Last edited:
It needs an independent supporters club to speak for the fans. Should get at least 10k members , £5 year to join, a proper constituted body, but not subservient to the club, doing the SLO job or a display group (who rely on club cooperation so are tempered) .

Prices going up is a fact of life. All businesses raise prices I'm not sure why anybody would expect football to not do the same. If you want to buy top tier players to win trophies the revenue has to come from somewhere.
The match day revenue is peanuts. A season card freeze won't hurt the coffers. Its not just about that though, it's about distribution of tickets as well and they have the nerve to call out the atmosphere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.