Leicester charged by PL for failing PSR

I still don’t understand why it’s seen as ok for rags to owe their owners £400m for the debt the Glazers transferred onto the club, but if a club like Leicester or Forest overspends an arbitrary amount set by the PL they get points deductions.

I thought all this FFP shit was brought in under the guise of preventing clubs going under like Leeds and Portsmouth did? I don’t think spending £25m over a season will send Leicester or Forest into bankruptcy. But what if the rags had to pay off all their £400m debt in one season? Would they still be able to then go and buy £200m of players in summer?

Why can’t the likes of Leicester just borrow £400m and spend it on players, saying they’re in debt to a bank/owner, so haven’t breached the PL’s rules? How would that be different to rags owing £400m? I genuinely don’t understand.

Is it because these rules were contrived to try and get the rags to win the title most seasons and no-one is allowed to catch up? What am I not understanding here?
I have wrestled with the apparent illogicality of the FFP and P&S rules but finally I have realised the genius which underlies them. Those owners who invest/spend tend to find that the club does better and its value increases which only encourages them to sell up and "walk away". On the other hand stability is only brought by owners who buy profitable clubs and load them with debt. Any future buyer is unlikely to be attracted by a heavily indebted club but its annual profits can provide a decent stipend to the owners who will not wish to sell their cash cow. Thus investing owners, usually feckless Arabs are ounished for wanting to ride off into the sunset while corporatist debtors, usually all American boys, are rewarded for their honourable stance and gift of stability. Everton, Leicester and Nottinghan Forest have very dodgy, non-American owners and thus have to be battered into following "the ______ way" which is the only way to do things properly.

Would be strangely ironic if we got a big points deduction for our ffp charges and still managed to stay up because 3 other clubs got a points deduction too.

I still don’t understand why it’s seen as ok for rags to owe their owners £400m for the debt the Glazers transferred onto the club, but if a club like Leicester or Forest overspends an arbitrary amount set by the PL they get points deductions.

I thought all this FFP shit was brought in under the guise of preventing clubs going under like Leeds and Portsmouth did? I don’t think spending £25m over a season will send Leicester or Forest into bankruptcy. But what if the rags had to pay off all their £400m debt in one season? Would they still be able to then go and buy £200m of players in summer?

Why can’t the likes of Leicester just borrow £400m and spend it on players, saying they’re in debt to a bank/owner, so haven’t breached the PL’s rules? How would that be different to rags owing £400m? I genuinely don’t understand.

Is it because these rules were contrived to try and get the rags to win the title most seasons and no-one is allowed to catch up? What am I not understanding here?

Rags tax dodging for 2 years means they've had a sporting advantage and if they paid there tax bill they might of failed premier FFP seeing they failed uefa one

CFG did similar with MCFC and the $650m loan.

I take it the PL can't enforce any points deduction in the FL? What happens if Leicester don't get promoted this season, and it takes them 5 years to get back into the PL? Are the PL really going to enforce a points deduction 5 years down the line?

It's a fucking shambles.
Same as Leicester cheated to get promoted and heavily broke EFL FFP but as they were in the PL, the EFL had no power against them and years Down the line settled on a token fine.
So cheat and spend heavily to get promoted, take the PL money and parachute payments and pay pocket change from all that money earned to pay a small fine, not exactly a deterrent to not break EFL rules is it

Potentially Leicester, Everton, Forest, Chelsea and City all having some form of sanction pushed against already or in the next 12 months. Not to mention the likes of Wolves and the Rags potentially failing PSR on their next accounts. That’s give or take a third of the league, something fundamentally has gone wrong with football governance when we don’t actually know what the true league table is whilst awaiting sanctions being dished out.

All the football league and Premier Leqgue clubs barring the rags, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs need to look at breaking away from their respective leagues and form a new competition that has fair rules and looks after all 96 clubs not just a select few. It’s turning into an absolute farce and the game is run by two chancers in Masters and Parry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.