PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The fact that something is in a Bill/Act doesn’t mean it is automatically enforceable at court if, for example it amounts to a restraint of trade or otherwise is against public policy. On such niceties are lawyer’s fortunes made, See Pannick and the prorogation of parliament.
Parliament (via treasury counsel) needs to be very aware of the wording of the bill to overcome certain possible objections. This issue is meat and drink to Human Rights lawyers.

Fair enough. I suppose we will see soon enough.

The fact that something is in a Bill/Act doesn’t mean it is automatically enforceable at court if, for example it amounts to a restraint of trade or otherwise is against public policy. On such niceties are lawyer’s fortunes made, See Pannick and the prorogation of parliament.
Parliament (via treasury counsel) needs to be very aware of the wording of the bill to overcome certain possible objections. This issue is meat and drink to Human Rights lawyers.
Spoke to a private practice solicitor recently who was responsible for helping draft some legislation a few years back, who told me the Parliamentary draftsmen are top class lawyers. Only seriousl smart graduates need apply. They have to be in the job for at least five years before they get directly involved in drafting legislation.

It’s a huge deal when you think about it!

If it were up to me I’d say something.

Now how many times have I wished I’d just kept my powder dry & realise I’d made things worse….. maybe they are right after all.
Haha... Sometimes silence speaks louder than words mate. Regardless of what we say, opposition fans & the media pundits who want us gone would only reply with "Well they would say that, wouldn't they".

City giving a running commentary is pointless imo. Leave the fuckers to believe what they want & trust that we'll win out at the end of the process.

This witchhunt seems as politically futile as Joe Biden's Congressional hearings for taking bribes, where after 15 months of hearings, MAGA haven't offered a shred of evidence.

Having a cat in hell's chance of proving anything was never MAGA's plan. They're merely trying to besmirch Biden's name & character enough to cause voter doubt, along with electoral & reputational damage, & I see the PL's pursuit of us being just as futile, but with the same reputational damage intent.

Fuckin bastards!

Just on this again, the legal analysis of the Bill I posted earlier said this: "Placing this on a statutory footing will avoid competition law challenges to the prohibition". Although they do add a footnote: "Though there may be other challenges based on international treaties etc".

Don't know how true any of that is. Not my area of expertise.

Just on this again, the legal analysis of the Bill I posted earlier said this: "Placing this on a statutory footing will avoid competition law challenges to the prohibition". Although they do add a footnote: "Though there may be other challenges based on international treaties etc".

Don't know how true any of that is. Not my area of expertise.
It’s possible that we’ve finally found a Brexit benefit!

Just seen that Etihad Airways are thinking of going on the stock market thingy. Apparently that is good news for us because it means Etihad Airways accounts will be open to everyone.

The article states that Etihad Airways wouldn't be doing this if they had committed fraud with City in the sponsorship deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.