Lucas Paquetá

I only watched it to see Paqueta's performance mate. His tackling was more than a bit rugged, but over all I was impressed with him..
Yep,think he could do a job for us,seems positive in his attitude of progressing upfield as quickly as possible.
Bit of a tough guy as well,which I think we lack sometimes.

May have mentioned this before but simply want to sign him so that we can do a City version of the We buy Any car Paqueta chant on the South Stand concourses ;-)

so fun to watch though.

Always fun to watch...

I've previously said about him in UEFA conference league final how he dealt with Amrabat who pocketed Rice in that game was very impressive, the way he fools incoming defensive midfielders with his skill and manages to shrug them off the ball with strength, it's something that would've massively helped us this season if these allegations wouldn't have cropped up.

Bernardo although a world class dribbler is more about retaining play as he lacks pace and physicality to properly drive forward, Foden although equally as tenacious as Bernie and quicker does drive forward but isn't as good physically. We needed someone to help both and our other players with quick one touch passes while we're driving forward, after Gundo left and with KDB ageing we need to bulk up in the middle, Paqueta offers that he holds his own against most while on the half turn he is as good the best in his position.

His physicality and skill the way he likes to drive forward it gives anyone signing him a massive edge against high press teams, plus his ability to thread a ball through is or fool opponents with deft touches is important, he'd be a massive help against tougher tackling defensive midfielders or even those who just sit back, if we allowed another Prem team like Arsenal to sign him it could genuinely be what makes them by far our most dangerous opponents.

Against a team like Real Madrid having somebody with Paqueta's attributes could be the difference in us winning a midfield battle, we need somebody with his energy physicality and skill to add a pace and confidence to our attacks, Lucas Paqueta ticks every single box with what we need and if/when he's cleared needs to be our top target.

Always fun to watch...

I've previously said about him in UEFA conference league final how he dealt with Amrabat who pocketed Rice in that game was very impressive, the way he fools incoming defensive midfielders with his skill and manages to shrug them off the ball with strength, it's something that would've massively helped us this season if these allegations wouldn't have cropped up.

Bernardo although a world class dribbler is more about retaining play as he lacks pace and physicality to properly drive forward, Foden although equally as tenacious as Bernie and quicker does drive forward but isn't as good physically. We needed someone to help both and our other players with quick one touch passes while we're driving forward, after Gundo left and with KDB ageing we need to bulk up in the middle, Paqueta offers that he holds his own against most while on the half turn he is as good the best in his position.

His physicality and skill the way he likes to drive forward it gives anyone signing him a massive edge against high press teams, plus his ability to thread a ball through is or fool opponents with deft touches is important, he'd be a massive help against tougher tackling defensive midfielders or even those who just sit back, if we allowed another Prem team like Arsenal to sign him it could genuinely be what makes them by far our most dangerous opponents.

Against a team like Real Madrid having somebody with Paqueta's attributes could be the difference in us winning a midfield battle, we need somebody with his energy physicality and skill to add a pace and confidence to our attacks, Lucas Paqueta ticks every single box with what we need and if/when he's cleared needs to be our top target.
Question: If his betting allegations aren't cleared by September, would you still risk signing him & hope for a positive outcome?

Question: If his betting allegations aren't cleared by September, would you still risk signing him & hope for a positive outcome?
I would say we are looking at other options in case. Has always been reported we have multiple targets for each position incase 1 doesn't happen and then we've already don't scouting and due diligence.

Part of me thinks we are planning to loan Savio once signed but he is a back up incase certain transfers don't happen as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.