PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I know what you mean but it really doesn't. My advice is to not even argue about the number of charges. Once you get into that discussion, you have fallen into the trap of discussing stupid stuff with stupid people. You will never win.

If people want to argue with you about the 115 charges, just ask them what they think they are.
You've made the assumption, I'm arguing our case with some knobhead, when I'm actually explaining to someone who is genuinely interested, what the difference is between the 3 cases.
So when they come back with reasonable questions like 'how many total charges did Everton/ Forest get?' etc, I can provide known facts rather than made up media bullshit, they're used to hearing.

I know what you mean but it really doesn't. My advice is to not even argue about the number of charges. Once you get into that discussion, you have fallen into the trap of discussing stupid stuff with stupid people. You will never win.

If people want to argue with you about the 115 charges, just ask them what they think they are.
The conversations we have with stupid people, in the pub and at work, still need to be 'won'.

It's why the information on threads like this matter.

I'd imagine there are dozens of people like me pushing back against the shite we encounter in the real world, and to a lesser degree online, with information gleaned from the two or three experts on here who know what they are talking about.

theres an article floating about this morning saying we should have a 690 point deduction and be relegated, but heres the kicker when we get back in to the prem each time we start on negative 690 points so you start the season already relegated and then work the points off......

Crazy how much people are desperate for city to be found guilty. It really does show mob mentality is not just in person but is digital too.
Only 690!
Whatever league they decide to put us in, City would still be able to play in the FA Cup, win that and the following year play in the Europa League. Win that and then qualify for the CL the following season. Become champions league winners whilst still in League One!!

You've made the assumption, I'm arguing our case with some knobhead, when I'm actually explaining to someone who is genuinely interested, what the difference is between the 3 cases.
So when they come back with reasonable questions like 'how many total charges did Everton/ Forest get?' etc, I can provide known facts rather than made up media bullshit, they're used to hearing.

Fair enough, then. But my answer would still be that the number of charges isn't important because the cases are so different. If they are generally interested, they need to know what the charges are and how difficult it is going to be to get most of them, the mist serious ones, to stick. The number of charges isn't the right analysis and doesn't help them understand anything. All imho, of course.

Yes I agree. It’s worth saying they did say that Uefa were right to bring the case and we agreed with that too. Ultimately though, they had no proof outside of the leaked emails and that wasn’t anywhere near enough given what we provided in response.

With the PL, I know there were more leaked emails after CAS but the principle still remains the same. If that’s all they’ve got too, I’d be amazed tbh, although at the same time I really don’t know what else they could have.
The PL case looks even weaker when you consider that CAS accepted the emails as admissable evidence but also accepted they provided a "distorted impression" because the so-called leaked emails (published by Der Spiegl) were only selected extracts of emails and one of those emails was actually two emails copied and pasted together. It is also included in the CAS report that the six leaked emails were a tiny part of a cache of 5.5m documents from City which had been illegally hacked. Since the CAS case Pinto the hacker has admitted exortion and hacking charges and is still under investigation for further offences. Given this backdrop surely the PL would be crazy to try and build a case on any of the emails which in any case don't provide any evidence of wrongdoing. Why has the PL seemingly ignored the result of the CAS case?

Last edited:
If the other person happens to be a rag **** than just ask how sinking in debt is sustainable?
That’ll confuse the fuck out of their brain cells and just laugh at their mental gymnastics.
You can't be a "sustainable" business if you have huge debts and can't or won't pay them back. When United fans talk about organic growth do they really me organic shrinkage?

The conversations we have with stupid people, in the pub and at work, still need to be 'won'.

It's why the information on threads like this matter.

I'd imagine there are dozens of people like me pushing back against the shite we encounter in the real world, and to a lesser degree online, with information gleaned from the two or three experts on here who know what they are talking about.
Mate, beating idiots isn't possible they don't have the cells to process stuff.

The big difference is Everton and Forest both failed the PSR calculations, as in their published accounts show a loss that was greater than either were allowed over a three year period. It’s a pretty simple did they pass or fail, that all.

What we have been accused of is not passing or failing PSR calculations, it is that we have been dishonest with our accounting and payment of individuals and subsequently not co-operating with the PL in their investigation into us. The reason it’s 115 charges is because they’ve classed every potential breach of an underpinning regulation as a charge, and then over multiple years. It was a ridiculous thing to do by the PL as there’s clearly some underpinning regulations they’ve said we’ve breached that we clearly haven’t (and they also had to change their original statement as in that they got the regulations wrong). Ultimately, we’ve really got five charges.

So ultimately, the Everton and Forest ones are just maths and both those clubs have breached PSR, ours are allegations of improper conduct that require a lot more investigation and subsequently judgment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.