PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The PL case looks even weaker when you consider that CAS accepted the emails as admissable evidence but also accepted they provided a "distorted impression" because the so-called leaked emails (published by Der Spiegl) were only selected extracts of emails and one of those emails was actually two emails copied and pasted together. It is also included in the CAS report that the six leaked emails were a tiny part of a cache of 5.5m documents from City which had been illegally hacked. Since the CAS case Pinto the hacker has admitted exortion and hacking charges and is still under investigation for further offences. Given this backdrop surely the PL would be crazy to try and build a case on any of the emails which in any case don't provide any evidence of wrongdoing. Why has the PL seemingly ignored the result of the CAS case?

Ish. Although they said one of the emails gave a distorted impression, they also said it didn’t affect the veracity of Uefa’s case. We pretty much said they were genuine, Widdowson did directly.

The leaked emails post CAS would need explaining. I’m just not sure why the same explanation wouldn’t still be valid if that’s all they’ve got.

Mate, beating idiots isn't possible they don't have the cells to process stuff.
Not just idiots unfortunately. Had it last night with someone senior at Deloittes, of all places. "115", "cheats", "dirty money"...etc. Pointed out that he ought to hope we're exonerated as his firm signed off on things - looked taken aback.
My wife quickly moved the ensuing silence along.

In fact the 2020 letter was signed by nine clubs (including Arsenal). The others were: Spurs, LFC, MUFC, Chelsea, Newcastle, Leicester, Wolves, and Burnley. It went direct to CAS in March 2020 before they had even started their main deliberations. According to the CAS documents the clubs "opposed any stay of execution" for City on the UEFA sanctions. So those clubs wanted us to be banned from europe and heavily fined even before the appeal had been heard. It is hard to imagine anything more unethical than a group of commercial rivals trying to intervene in a supposedly impartial legal process. I wonder if Richard Masters was copied in.
It's almost as if those clubs acted in bad faith against the interests of a fellow club. Isn't there a (PL) law against such behaviour?

Ish. Although they said one of the emails gave a distorted impression, they also said it didn’t affect the veracity of Uefa’s case. We pretty much said they were genuine, Widdowson did directly.

The leaked emails post CAS would need explaining. I’m just not sure why the same explanation wouldn’t still be valid if that’s all they’ve got.
It's a good point and this has probably been in most City fans minds since the start of all this. What material are the PL actually basing their allegations on? Everything seems to be completely circumstantial at the moment.

Our charges aren't really the same as Everton's and Forest's and I'm not sure we did vote against some of the regulations. For example some of the Mancini charges are related to not sending his contract to the PL (presumably the allegation is that the one we sent was false otherwise it wouldn't have taken 10 years for them to notice they didn't have it). Did City vote against that regulation?
Technically speaking, we had no right to send Mancini’s contract with Mansour’s club to the PL nor to report his payments thereunder. Privity of contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.