PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Any port in a storm seems likely.
They seemed to want numbers so swept up all their work in progress on City without bothering to put each under headings and got each listed as an allegation as they came out of the In Tray.

I suppose it worked requiring our usual in house experts to order and correct their partly examined accusations. The media simply concentrated on numbers listed it all as FFP allegations and started their demands for punishment.

:) That's actually pretty close to what I think has happened as well. If you throw in the PL being very cleverly steered down this horrendous process by the club and the phrase "shit or get off the can".

All I can conclude from the quality posts in this thread is that the PL and Redtops are putting a huge amount of effort into trying to prove something that is highly disputable and debateable.

You have to wonder why. They come across as a bad gambler who is chasing their money and throwing good after bad.

It doesn't matter they backed a no lose gamble. Look at all the media interest in this, 99% of them implying we're guilty. The same with fans of other clubs. If we're exonerated the mud will still stick. The only way this gamble can backfire on them is if we are cleared and have irrefutable evidence certain people colluded to ruin us out of malice. Then they're fucked if we decide to go after them.

Well, firstly, I'm not saying any if that is true. But it make sense to me based on what we think we know, so I am happy to put it out there.

And, secondly, they don't have those investigative powers, do they? They aren't the SFO :) They are probably ruing that. Shame. I would imagine the club will be presenting a statement from Mancini in the defence, though? Would have been wise for Soriano not to fuck him over with negative press stories after he was sacked, maybe?
What did Soriano say? I don't remember that.

What did Soriano say? I don't remember that.

For six months after he was sacked the press had regular articles about how disruptive he was. I am not saying he wasn't, he cleatly was, I am saying Soriano runs a tight enough ship for me to know that if that happens it happens with, at least, the blessing of the club, if not directly from the club.

Mancini was man enough to keep his silence, but it wasn't a good look for the club and it wasn't even necessary.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Pep joined City in our 115th season of football.

Does anyone think post case and the years beyond it, we'll look back and say whilst we had our name dragged through the mud that FFP and even COVID were challenges for us but the bigger picture is that it hamstrung our rivals a lot more. I was thinking clubs have spent money to compete with United but they always came back with a record transfer or poached talents of other clubs. Now? They can hardly scrape money by for transfers. They've blown big money at they very worst time to do so. Sanchez, Sancho, Pogba, Anthony, etc coupled with the biggest wage bill. And even with us aside, letting other clubs taste CL football.

Love the way we've set the bar for any club that wants to be top dog.. £1b investment needed and it'll probably take you 50 years to do what we've done in 15.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.