England v Belgium | Friendly | Match Thread

How the fuck is Dunk starting for England, when we have the likes of Tomori just sat at home.

I think Tomori is bang average. People in England overrated him because he plays for AC Milan and barely watch him play.

Whenever I've seen him play he doesn't look any better than the likes of Dunk, he just plays for a more glamorous sounding club. Put it into perspective, Chris Smalling is still playing CB for one of the better teams in Serie A.

I'd have no issue with him in the England squad, but apart from Stones, the rest of the England centre backs including Tomori are as a mediocre as each other.

Talent and hard work are absolutely important, we agree on that.

But to get the attention, which gives you the coaching and promotion needed to progress to the next development stage, most kids that aren’t children of ex-footballers or managers, need what people on here call arrogance to make it through the brutal gauntlet. It’s a filtering effect that happens at every stage, up to U18, then the other qualities tend to start becoming dominant.

By then, though, most of the players have the natural arrogance, and keep it to stay at the top.

David Silva, Kev, Kompany, Haaland, Stones, even selfless stalwart Gareth Barry had it. They might be humble off the pitch, but they are arrogant as footballers, because they had/have to be.
I think arrogance isn't the word I would use. If knowledge of their ability and what it takes to stay at a club for a good number of years, and maintain a position in an interntional side is arrogance then ok. but those who are at the top, Kev, Vinnie, Sergio, David Silva, Riyad, Erling, Rodri, and Bernardo don't need to swagger about informing the world how good they are - they do it regularly on the pitch. Quality is its own trumpet.

. . . . . .

There is no pattern of play with this team. Southgate just follows the flavor of the month and picks steady eddies who wont say anything to him e.g. Henderson.

How the fuck is Dunk starting for England,
when we have the likes of Tomori just sat at home.

He does interview after interview to get the press on his side and rides the gravy train all round the country each weekend doing nothing but eating prawn sandwiches.
I never regarded Henderson as remotely good enough to be regarded as a 'steady eddie'!

And Dunk gets a game 'cos Gaaaaaareth likes to use Slabhead rather less than sparingly.

I think Tomori is bang average. People in England overrated him because he plays for AC Milan and barely watch him play.

Whenever I've seen him play he doesn't look any better than the likes of Dunk, he just plays for a more glamorous sounding club. Put it into perspective, Chris Smalling is still playing CB for one of the better teams in Serie A.

I'd have no issue with him in the England squad, but apart from Stones, the rest of the England centre backs including Tomori are as a mediocre as each other.

But he's very quick

If Real don't win the CL in the next 3 years, they'll be pointing fingers at Bellingham as the fall guy.

Only watched the 1st half last night, SSN again blowing smoke up mainoo's arse - this a player with next to no experience even at club level

Can see this playing out like it has in the past if he gets on the plane. England get dumped out tournament and it gets blamed on an in-game mistake by this kid.

The media are hyping mainoo too much, and even bellingham's ego is showing he wants god-like status

And Jonny Evans is playing for one of the better teams in the PL. Oh, hang on, I've just realised he's gone back to United.

Only watched the 1st half last night, SSN again blowing smoke up mainoo's arse - this a player with next to no experience even at club level

Can see this playing out like it has in the past if he gets on the plane. England get dumped out tournament and it gets blamed on an in-game mistake by this kid.

The media are hyping mainoo too much, and even bellingham's ego is showing he wants god-like status
There was the usual hullabaloo surrounding the 'start' of this Rag. I didn't see the second half and wondered what Sky might have mentioned when he was hooked on 70-odd mins - not having taken the game by a teeniest bit of lapel, let alone the scruff of its collar.

It's the same old shite from the RDAHMeedya - get a young lad, clad in the Devil's scarlet, making at least one pass to a team mate in 90 mins, and all of a sudden he's Pirlo, Puskas, Paul Power, all rolled into one!

There was the usual hullabaloo surrounding the 'start' of this Rag. I didn't see the second half and wondered what Sky might have mentioned when he was hooked on 70-odd mins - not having taken the game by a teeniest bit of lapel, let alone the scruff of its collar.

It's the same old shite from the RDAHMeedya - get a young lad, clad in the Devil's scarlet, making at least one pass to a team mate in 90 mins, and all of a sudden he's Pirlo, Puskas, Paul Power, all rolled into one!

Think i have just heard, correct me if wrong, but was mainoo made motm as well last night!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.