England v Belgium | Friendly | Match Thread

I quite enjoyed watching us going forward last night. I thought mainoo was a positive addition, the more him Bellingham Rice and Foden play with each other the more of a problem they will be. Once you throw Saka and Kane back in the mix I think it will look good. Bowen, while unlikely to start is a underrated footballer for me,

Defence was a problem, but it was a makeshift and the 4 had never played together before and had to apapt to unexpected in game changes that took a while. I thought Gomez had a torrid time against Doku & Dunk had a stinker of a first half (but did settle 2nd).

I expect Walker and Shaw (if ever fit) will slot in at full back & the argument will be who should partner Stones (I suspect Maguire). My claret and blue tinted glasses firmly believe that Konsa should partner Stones, he's fantastic one one one and physically solid. He hasn't set the world alight in the last two friendlies but with some pretty poor performances around him & being thrown around a couple of positions at short notice I didn't think he disgraced himself. If you put him in a proper back 4 next to Stones I honestly believe we'd reap the rewards.

You can't admit to never watching Madrid play and then say you've never seen him have an incredible game. Not really a fair assessment, is it? It'd be like a Madrid fan saying they don't think Foden is an incredible player but never watching City.

I don't think he was brilliant tonight, but then none of the England players were. An easier way of ending the debate, name five midfielders in the world who are currently better than him?
AM or DM?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.