Media Discussion - 2023/24

Jim Shite announcing his show has won an award and thanking listeners. "Except Man City and Wales fans..."
'It's coming up to 10 o'clock. In others news, it was revealed that no City or Wales fans voted for talksport, for the award they picked up earlier in the week. We've got Jim on line one: Jim youure nort haappey. Tell us your thoughts on that, go ahead Jim'

I used to listen a few years ago, this is how it often went:

Shouty “we’ve got big Liverpool fan Mike from Brighton on the line”

Bit of a pause and road noise because Rep Mike is showing us he is responsible in his Ford Mondeo hands free on his way to sell sweets to a Convenience Store.

“Hi, it’s Mike here, I’m a big Liverpool fan, btw Jim and Simon, great show, I’d just like to say I think we’ll win the league this year and Mo Salah is the best player in the world”

“Thanks Mike, great call, 2 points well made there, who can disagree with any of that?”

“Right, we’ve got a commercial break coming up featuring the hedgehog gutter brush but when we come back in 10 minutes time we’ll be discussing how those cheating Bluemoses from the wrong half of Manchester (sic) are overriding the FFP rules and winning trophies, it’s really not fair, blub, blub, blub”.
I was thinking of buying a hedgehog gutter brush, but after seeing the gutters at talksport were still overflowing with shit I changed my mind.

I've no agenda against Chelsea but multiple PLs and cups are implicated in the years this went on and the City bashers all swore 'til they were blue in the face, that they have no agendas, that they care deeply about these issues in football. Time and time again, they expose their lack of consistency, showing themselves to be bullshitters, who's words mean nothing.
I am old enough to remember when the discussion on this thread was about "is there a media agenda against City?"
That debate now seems settled.

I used to listen a few years ago, this is how it often went:

Shouty “we’ve got big Liverpool fan Mike from Brighton on the line”

Bit of a pause and road noise because Rep Mike is showing us he is responsible in his Ford Mondeo hands free on his way to sell sweets to a Convenience Store.

“Hi, it’s Mike here, I’m a big Liverpool fan, btw Jim and Simon, great show, I’d just like to say I think we’ll win the league this year and Mo Salah is the best player in the world”

“Thanks Mike, great call, 2 points well made there, who can disagree with any of that?”

“Right, we’ve got a commercial break coming up featuring the hedgehog gutter brush but when we come back in 10 minutes time we’ll be discussing how those cheating Bluemoses from the wrong half of Manchester (sic) are overriding the FFP rules and winning trophies, it’s really not fair, blub, blub, blub”.
Love it. As if there's some certificate you need to be called "big Liverpool fan". Its such bollocks its funny.

Did the dippers really believe Mane did nothing wrong when he ripped Ederson’s face open?
Don't forget, these champions of human rights and arbiters of all that is morally good booed the wounded Ederson as he was stretchered off the pitch after Mane's assault. However, they have become untouchable and protected (by the media and by Murkeyside police) from any criticism.

'It's coming up to 10 o'clock. In others news, it was revealed that no City or Wales fans voted for talksport, for the award they picked up earlier in the week. We've got Jim on line one: Jim youure nort haappey. Tell us your thoughts on that, go ahead Jim'
Sports Journalist Association awards. Talksport throw quite a few quid into the Association coffers so its no surprise they pick up a few gongs at a low key ceremony. They then big it up into something it aint. Shouty and Jordan only won a "Silver award" from this minor organisation. Laura Woods who no longer works for them picked up the big one.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.