Media Discussion - 2023/24

Sports Journalist Association awards. Talksport throw quite a few quid into the Association coffers so its no surprise they pick up a few gongs at a low key ceremony. They then big it up into something it aint. Shouty and Jordan only won a "Silver award" from this minor organisation. Laura Woods who no longer works for them picked up the big one.
A bit like the curry awards you see in your local Asian restaurant, every one of them has a gold medal certificate hanging on the wall because they were the only entrant.

Manchester City, ticket price rises and why some of their fans have had enough​

https://archive.ph/2024.03.27-07090...s-and-why-some-of-their-fans-have-had-enough/
I'll look forward to the Athletic's articles on the fan reaction from the 16 other premier league clubs they report are increasing season ticket prices

I'll look forward to the Athletic's articles on the fan reaction from the 16 other premier league clubs they report are increasing season ticket prices

I thought it was a fair and informative article.

During conversations between The Athletic and supporters’ groups, complaints about the club’s ticket costs have crossed over into other concerns.

All four main City fan groups — the Official Supporters Club, the 1894 Group, MCFC Fans Foodbank Support (FFS) and City Matters, the club’s fan engagement programme — voiced their opposition to the increases.

Very true - how it works for most of these almost irrelevant awards outside of things like the Oscars (and even that includes a lot of behind the scenes effort). I remember years ago being up for some 'software of the year' award. I couldnt be arsed to go to London (no football game to double up with) when i was told "you must go as we will win" - when i asked how we could be so sure I was told we had paid £5k for a front table rather than £500 for the tables at the back
Needless to say we won
Was it horizon software?

Very true - how it works for most of these almost irrelevant awards outside of things like the Oscars (and even that includes a lot of behind the scenes effort). I remember years ago being up for some 'software of the year' award. I couldnt be arsed to go to London (no football game to double up with) when i was told "you must go as we will win" - when i asked how we could be so sure I was told we had paid £5k for a front table rather than £500 for the tables at the back
Needless to say we won
Think it happens in most industries.

Mine seems to have bullshit award ceremony where they come back with shiny badges saying they are "best employer", "Leading diversity award winners" etc.

I'd rather they did honest ones like "Gaslighting the staff champions"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.