Who else is Wembleyed out?

Not going to the semi final, and won't be going to the final. Two reasons.
A. I won't qualify for a ticket. I did qualify for the Watford final, but not last year. Thankfully, due to someone on here going on holiday that weekend, he made his ticket available to me. Thanks S.

B. It's just too expensive. Last June probably cost me nearly €450, once flights, hotel and walking around money was taken into account. I don't feel I can justify that, even for a cup final.
Looking at a stub for the 1969 final. Row 18 Seat 9 at the Empire Stadium (Wembley) - 60/s- (£3).
Rail fare to Euston would have been around £7-£8.
Fish & Chips around 5/s (25p)
Pint of beer 2/6s (13/p).
Just over a tenner...

The Fa Cup Final v the Rags ??
Yeah, I couldn't bear to watch the Rags turning us over. I cocked up my appearance at the City Women v the Ragettes t'other day, and wouldn't watch it on the telly but I recorded it and told Mrs Ewing I would watch the full game if we stuffed 'em. I only watched until we got to 3-0.

I have this theory that if I watch or listen to a Rag game they will score; if I watch or listen to a City game we will concede. The only exception I make is a Manc/Stretford derby at The Etihad.

That's basically it in a nutshell. I've been to all six prior semi-finals with fans permitted to attend, but took the decision this time that it's an expensive day out against a team I'm fairly neutral about at a stadium that no longer feels special. It is a competitive game that I want us to win, but it feels closer to the Community Shield than the FA Cup final in terms of how I feel about attending. I probably would have gone had we drawn Coventry (family) or United.

I'll be at both Wembley finals should we get there. I'm no longer precious about being at these things as some way of proving my credentials as a fan.
Admittedly I don't get as giddy as I used to about a trip to Wembley. Missed the last couple of CS games because I just couldn't be arsed. As soon as I'm on that lower tier behind the goal it's 2011 all over again.

I don’t think ‘can’t be bothered’ is the right way of looking at my decision not to go to semi-finals at Wembley. I thought long and hard before making that decision as few years back.

It does bother me to an extent that I’m not at the match to watch and to support City, like it does when I miss a match for whatever reason, but I‘m not prepared to line the pockets of the FA for a match that could be held outside of Wembley.

I accept only Old Trafford can accommodate our 34,000 ticket allocation, meaning a lot of City fans would miss out on a ticket if the match was held at Villa Park, say. I can’t and won’t argue against that valid point. So in that sense Wembley does serve a purpose for the semi-finals. Beyond that purpose I can’t see any other purpose bar making money for the FA.

A question I did ask that wasn’t answered. Where are the remaining 22,000 tickets going after City and Chelsea have taken their combined 68,000 ticket allocations. We’re talking about the FA Cup semi-final, not the FA Cup final. What are the FA doing with those 22,000 tickets that could go to City and Chelsea fans?
How about national stadium Cardiff, totally neutral venue, big enough and provide a special but different day out for everyone. Keep Wembley for the final and restore some of the magic. Been there with Blackpool mates three times and enjoyed it more than Wembley.

Its cool to say that you are Wembleyed out or enjoyed the Stuart Pearce days more lads, even cooler if you pretend not to enjoy any games at all.

If anyone else wants to be as cool as me, from now on I'm not gonna bother taking my seat to watch the game, just gonna stand in the concourse all game instead, obviously just stopping going and not saying owt would be the normal thing to do, but I wouldn't get attention then.

Won't be watching them on TV either as thats also cool.

Might look up the results on Ceefax though

i am not saying it to be cool - i don't enjoy the day

How about national stadium Cardiff, totally neutral venue, big enough and provide a special but different day out for everyone. Keep Wembley for the final and restore some of the magic. Been there with Blackpool mates three times and enjoyed it more than Wembley.
Been to Wembley many times watching City and Bolton with mates. Not been for over 10 years now. Used to hate the place even after the ridiculously expensive rebuild.

Went to Cardiff a couple of times watching Bolton and I concur. Brilliant venue slap bang in the middle of the City near the train station and surrounded by hundreds of restaurants and pubs. For me it beat Wembley and London hands down.

I accept only Old Trafford can accommodate our 34,000 ticket allocation, meaning a lot of City fans would miss out on a ticket if the match was held at Villa Park, say. I can’t and won’t argue against that valid point. So in that sense Wembley does serve a purpose for the semi-finals.

Problem is, the other side of that coin is that a good many City fans miss out on a Wembley semi because it is a costly day out, and if you've got to stay in a hotel to boot it is quite serious money. If you're taking an eighteen year-old son or daughter with you then it's big money.I do understand that (as I'm sure you do). So in any case people are missing out because they're being costed out.
I just don't see that it has to be a law graven in stone that it's held at Wembley. It could be varied. The Community Shield at Leicester seemed to work pretty well. In the north, Old Trafford could easily host a semi-final, and actually Anfield could give 30,000 tickets to each set of supporters, which isn't far off the mark. And soon the Etihad will be able to.

I’m living the dream with City and will go to Wembley a hundred times in a row if I can..
You never know when it’s going to stop or reduce to an unacceptable level :-)

It’s not just the football it’s meeting all the FOC I love and have been meeting for decades ..
I do get the cost can be unacceptable for some and that’s fair play but if I can afford it, I’m going … Every single time ..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.