5 | John Stones - 2023/24

I don’t blame either Stones or Southgate. Whatever we all think of Southgate, he is the England manager, he will pick who he thinks is best for the game ahead and if Stones has made himself available for the game then that’s that. For Stones, if he wants to play every game he can, be it for his club or his country, ask most young boys who become footballers, to play for their country must make them and their parents/family so proud. Again, I’ll say, unfortunately he gets injured quite a lot and yet again he seemed to get injured while playing for England, overstretching trying to redeem an uncontrolled ball. $hit happens and it’s happened to John Stones again.

City pay his wages, though. It's part of his job to stay fit and be available for City. How many times has he got injured while playing for England? If you are fit enough to play both for club and country, that's great. But if you are not, you should take into account who pays your wages. The least you can do is to avoid international friendlies. He owes that to the people at the club who have been very patient with him in the past.

City pay his wages, though. It's part of his job to stay fit and be available for City. How many times has he got injured while playing for England? If you are fit enough to play both for club and country, that's great. But if you are not, you should take into account who pays your wages. The least you can do is to avoid international friendlies. He owes that to the people at the club who have been very patient with him in the past.
I remember the same argument Brian Clough had with Trevor Francis back in the 70’s.

He was on the pitch pre match yesterday attempting to do some stretches and various exercises.
He gave up after 3 minutes and just stood around.
I hope I'm wrong but it could be a few weeks before we see John boy.

Well he may not have been playing at the moment but he is nominated for Goal of the Month for his Liverpool goal. Unfortunately he is against Phil Foden for his Trafford United goal...... unfortunately in my eyes obviously! :-) Phil is at 68%
Ah well. Well done John Boy anyway. :-)

He was really poor. I feel like that early mistake through him completely off his game.

He wasn’t really poor. He just wasn’t FIFA World XI standard which we expect now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.