5 | John Stones - 2023/24

He gets injured playing for us too. Most of us don't give a shit about what he does for England, but put yourself in his shoes - won literally everything with us and has a chance to join a very select few to ever win anything with England. Of course he's going to do all he can to achieve that, which unfortunately for us means playing shite friendlies that we wish he didn't
If I was in his shoes, I'd be giving some thought to the club that catapulted his career to a totally new level. Qualifiers, I can understand, and tournaments. Just about. But friendlies, sorry but no. It also showed a staggering lack of perception of the stage of the season we're at from Southgate. There shouldn't have been any Liverpool, Arsenal or City players involved in these last two matches. Give an opportunity to fringe players.

If I was in his shoes, I'd be giving some thought to the club that catapulted his career to a totally new level. Qualifiers, I can understand, and tournaments. Just about. But friendlies, sorry but no. It also showed a staggering lack of perception of the stage of the season we're at from Southgate. There shouldn't have been any Liverpool, Arsenal or City players involved in these last two matches. Give an opportunity to fringe players.
I absolutely agree with the southgate complaint. Stones has played after being picked though. On one hand you have people slagging off Ben White for refusing a call up and on the other people are saying Stones should pull out. It should be taken out of his hands and Southgate should have been sensible. As it is, he's injured his only good centre half

I absolutely agree with the southgate complaint. Stones has played after being picked though. On one hand you have people slagging off Ben White for refusing a call up and on the other people are saying Stones should pull out. It should be taken out of his hands and Southgate should have been sensible. As it is, he's injured his only good centre half
I don't give a damn about the sunbed king. Or England. Or any international side. I totally get it; the vast majority of players would see it as a great honour to be picked, and play, for their national sides. As for me; from a 100% selfish point of view, I'd be delighted if none of our players played for their national sides.

I don't give a damn about the sunbed king. Or England. Or any international side. I totally get it; the vast majority of players would see it as a great honour to be picked, and play, for their national sides. As for me; from a 100% selfish point of view, I'd be delighted if none of our players played for their national sides.
Stones will want to win something with England as it’ll complete his career almost and if they ever did win something, they’d be revered forever.

I don’t think playing two games did for him, he opened up his adductor when he slipped slightly. He could have done that on his driveway.

Stones will want to win something with England as it’ll complete his career almost and if they ever did win something, they’d be revered forever.

I don’t think playing two games did for him, he opened up his adductor when he slipped slightly. He could have done that on his driveway.
I think we've uncovered BlueHammer's burner account.

I think we've uncovered BlueHammer's burner account.
Look at how the ‘66 players have been held. All players would want that after they‘ve finished, especially when they’ve won every club trophy going.

I don’t think it’s that much of a controversial take. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to win the treble again either.

I feel resentment to him and all those who put meaningless friendly's before the end of the season with City
It shows where their preferences lie

Look at how the ‘66 players have been held. All players would want that after they‘ve finished, especially when they’ve won every club trophy going.

I don’t think it’s that much of a controversial take. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to win the treble again either.
As I said earlier, I'm looking at it from a totally selfish viewpoint. I don't give a toss about any national side. And, in my opinion, a player's priority should be his club side. He won't win any medals playing in a waste of time friendly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.