Season Tickets - 2024/25 | New Flexi Golds - SOLD OUT

No wonder the club want to get rid of legacy fans.

She must have spent a fucking fortune in the souvenir store.

Sound on.

Do these people come to football late? Most of us have done it from been kids, i dont know her history but do they suddenly decide when they are about 18, oh I’m going to support a team then pick City, I find it all very strange. The cynic in me suggests it’s all for clicks and populating, certainly can’t see her complain in 50 years she isn’t getting a FOC discount .

I have just been sent an email from the City store announcing that you can now buy one of the 3rd kits with a number and a players name on for JUST £105, what a bargain eh?

Disappearing up its own arse at a great rate of knots, the people who run the commercial side don't care that many people are struggling to make ends meet, DHgate for me all the way.

Do these people come to football late? Most of us have done it from been kids, i dont know her history but do they suddenly decide when they are about 18, oh I’m going to support a team then pick City, I find it all very strange. The cynic in me suggests it’s all for clicks and populating, certainly can’t see her complain in 50 years she isn’t getting a FOC discount .
Haha. Funny how football demands more time, loyalty and ties than any other sport. If someone never watched cricket for 30 years, or lost interest in it for 30 years, and then decided they were going to start going to LCCC, no one would think it was weird. Really it's a lot easier for the person whose dad tells them they're a Blue, buys the tickets and takes them along to everything than it is for the person who makes an active adult choice to follow a club. I'm guessing she's made a choice and it might last or it might wax and wane or fade like following a band and that's normal.

When I was a kid I decided I liked Miami Dolphins because I had an aunt who lived there and I liked the kit and the image. We didn't have our own NFL clubs. I grew out of it, but I might just as well have stuck with it. I don't see this as much different. The PL is the most interesting league in the world, the club tours the Far East to build support, and people pick a club fall in love with it, just like UK fans follow NBA, NFL, UFC. She likes Oasis, Oasis liked the Beatles, there wouldn't have been a Beatles if English kids weren't falling in love with black American R&B records - if something is special it crosses cultures. City is special.

What I don't think is positive is if loyal or local fans are losing out on tickets to resellers or being gouged and if a club loses touch with its city in the chase for half and halves. But if that happened it wouldn't be her fault - that lies with the club.

Haha. Funny how football demands more time, loyalty and ties than any other sport. If someone never watched cricket for 30 years, and lost interest in it for 30 years, and then decided they were going to start going to LCCC, no one would think it was weird. Really it's a lot easier for the person whose dad tells them they're a Blue, buys the tickets and takes them along to everything than it is for the person who makes an active adult choice to follow a club. I'm guessing she's made a choice and it might last or it might wax and wane or fade like following a band and that's normal.

When I was a kid I decided I liked Miami Dolphins because I had an aunt who lived there and I liked the kit and the image. We didn't have our own NFL clubs. I grew out of it, but I might just as well have stuck with it. I don't see this as much different. The PL is the most interesting league in the world, the club tours the Far East to build support, and people pick a club fall in love with it, just like UK fans follow NBA, NFL, UFC. She likes Oasis, Oasis liked the Beatles, there wouldn't have been a Beatles if English kids weren't falling in love with black American R&B records - if something is special it crosses cultures. City is special.

What I don't think is positive is if loyal or local fans are losing out on tickets to resellers or being gouged and if a club loses touch with its city in the chase for half and halves. But if that happened it wouldn't be her fault - that lies with the club.
The key is football clubs represent places, it was never a disgusting branding exercise, which started with slaves and cattle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.