Season Tickets - 2024/25

The key is football clubs represent places, it was never a disgusting branding exercise, which started with slaves and cattle.
It's true that clubs represent places. But there are a lot of local blues who spend less time in the ground than blues who live miles away - the first group are just lucky to be Mancs (although it hasn't always felt that way)! You're always going to get people falling in love with things from overseas. The problem is English clubs treating that local bond as a product for export - not the people overseas who fall in love with it.

Last edited:
I have just been sent an email from the City store announcing that you can now buy one of the 3rd kits with a number and a players name on for JUST £105, what a bargain eh?

Disappearing up its own arse at a great rate of knots, the people who run the commercial side don't care that many people are struggling to make ends meet, DHgate for me all the way.

Went into the club shop in town on Wednesday and baulked at the price. Shouldn't really be surprised when everybody was mentioning the England kit was £125. Bad enough when they stopped wearing them for a couple of seasons. Like you say the greed is only turning people to the counterfeit market.

I bought one out of interest this season for the first time and was surprised by the quality. Badge was even rubberised just like the original etc. Took a photo alongside my niece's genuine one and my mate actually thought the DHGate one was the original and the original was the copy. Only thing I noticed was a slight bit of colour difference and the badge was closer to the 'Etihad' sponsor. Wondering whether they're actually just factory rejects.

I think he speaks quite well and makes a good point about kids who live within the shadow of the Etihad never being able to afford to go to premier league games, which is pretty sad.

He does speak well and makes fair points in the main. On the kids in the shadow of the Etihad point, Blues have been giving away free tickets for the last 3 midweek games so anyone could have gone for nothing.

Went into the club shop in town on Wednesday and baulked at the price. Shouldn't really be surprised when everybody was mentioning the England kit was £125. Bad enough when they stopped wearing them for a couple of seasons. Like you say the greed is only turning people to the counterfeit market.

I bought one out of interest this season for the first time and was surprised by the quality. Badge was even rubberised just like the original etc. Took a photo alongside my niece's genuine one and my mate actually thought the DHGate one was the original and the original was the copy. Only thing I noticed was a slight bit of colour difference and the badge was closer to the 'Etihad' sponsor. Wondering whether they're actually just factory rejects.

I have ordered a few for myself and the missus, a couple of shirts all for £18 delivered in a week not like the shit time it takes kitbag to ship from the club shop.

Honestly have no issue with that Korean lass, fair fucks to her, she has decided to support us for seemingly the last 5 years and gone all in on.

If she got a cityzen membership, waited till a game a ticket was available through the club saved up bought a flight and match ticket, I would have no issue her stood next to me, taking pics and trying to get involved in singing, probably be a lifelong dream and even when we were shite we occassionally had overseas berts turn up for a once in a lifetime game.

Now if she rocked up in the away end at the swamp on derby day or had a Cup final ticket before they were on sale... that would be an issue.

No issue with new people from anywhere suporting us and coming to see us, I have an issue with some of the methods they are getting tickets.
Do these people come to football late? Most of us have done it from been kids, i dont know her history but do they suddenly decide when they are about 18, oh I’m going to support a team then pick City, I find it all very strange. The cynic in me suggests it’s all for clicks and populating, certainly can’t see her complain in 50 years she isn’t getting a FOC discount .

I posted previously I don’t have an issue with new fans supporting City if they are genuine City fans.

After all, when we’re all dead, the younger new City fans will take our places supporting City.

My issue is with ’football fans’ who support other teams, who don’t support City, and are taking up a seat at the Etihad on a match day that could be sold to a genuine City fan.

Obviously the club won’t care about that because the seat is still sold and probably at a higher price.

No matter what City win, those ‘football fans’ will never truly be City fans and will never feel the same emotions when City score and win like we feel. Of course they will enjoy the match, be happy, and they may even join in with the odd chant.

I’m sure some of us have been to a match when we go on holiday or for a weekend break. It’s good to watch, to sample a different atmosphere, and to see another stadium, but that’s about it. That aside, there is no emotional attachment to the team or to the club. That is being replicated en-masse with ‘football fans’ watching City at the Etihad. Maybe City have become their 2nd team? :-)

As for half and half scarfs, don’t even get me started on them. :-(

I think it’s a bit convenient that the problem with the hoarding of season cards has disappeared with the focus on tourists. The season card hoarders may well be a biggest obstacle to say young families going to games.

We hear all the time on here that Grandad’s season card seat has to be protected for 2 years whilst he recovers from piles and and uncle Ashley’s ticket has to be retained because it’s not his fault he doesn’t know whether the village cricket game is going g to be on or off.

The reorganisation around the new North Stand could be a good opportunity for families who’ve effectively been barred from going to games by season card hoarders.

Maybe now living outside Manchester it’s easier to see the demand that is there (rather than getting bogged down by the doom and gloom merchants).

Last edited:
I posted previously I don’t have an issue with new fans supporting City if they are genuine City fans.

After all, when we’re all dead, the younger new City fans will take our places supporting City.

My issue is with ’football fans’ who support other teams, who don’t support City, and are taking up a seat at the Etihad on a match day that could be sold to a genuine City fan.

Obviously the club won’t care about that because the seat is still sold and probably at a higher price.

No matter what City win, those ‘football fans’ will never truly be City fans and will never feel the same emotions when City score and win like we feel. Of course they will enjoy the match, be happy, and they may even join in with the odd chant.

I’m sure some of us have been to a match when we go on holiday or for a weekend break. It’s good to watch, to sample a different atmosphere, and to see another stadium, but that’s about it. That aside, there is no emotional attachment to the team or to the club. That is being replicated en-masse with ‘football fans’ watching City at the Etihad. Maybe City have become their 2nd team? :-)

As for half and half scarfs, don’t even get me started on them. :-(
Dinosaur...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.