Palace (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I can remember Palace coming back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 against the dips.....

I watched that with about six dippers in the crew mess. They were full of it when they went 3-0 up, saying it was time to catch our superior goal difference. They were absolutely gutted when it ended 3-3. I got off the ship on Wednesday, straight to the ground for the Villa game, then watched us lift the title against West Ham on the Sunday. Happy days.

Got to admit I was surprised at the starting 11. But over the last 2 games some key players got a rest. Good enough performance on the whole with the desire to win. Sloppy mistakes and poor marking cost us two goals, we need to be better than that.

Grealish is so important for this run in. I know he has his critics and doesn’t assist or score as much as perhaps he could, but the control I think he gives us is brilliant.

I’m absolutely shit scared of Rodders burning out or getting injured. We look a shell without him. I hope he’s getting plenty of days off between matches.

On to Tuesday.
I hate the Palace away fixture - they usually clog us. Only Villa have outplayed us this season (us being outplayed is as rare as snowflakes in June). That Villa game apart, no Prem team can outplay us - opponents are relying on us to make mistakes for them to score. Cut out the unforced errors and we'll be fine. Hope Kevin scores a couple like that in Madrid - his second was a mini reprisal of his monumental goal last year against Madrid.

Grealish always seems unlucky in that today for example he had a hand in 3 of the goals at least, maybe all 4 but ended with 0 assists

Seems to happen him a lot. It’s why you can’t judge every player on stats alone
Its nowt to do with luck, hes a fantastic player in an amazing team. Hes a cog. He assists the assisters

The City defence looks sloppy without Walker's pace

But the one thing I have noticed this season is when the other teams break on us we don't try and stop and foul the player, The so-called professional foul to break up the attack was a big part of our defence setup, Rodri after the sending off is having to look after himself with picking up yellow cards and maybe City have seen the officials booking any City player doing it,
Well, yes. Gvardiol's yellow was a joke.

Grealish always seems unlucky in that today for example he had a hand in 3 of the goals at least, maybe all 4 but ended with 0 assists

Seems to happen him a lot. It’s why you can’t judge every player on stats alone
Baffles me how he can't shoot!

He's got everything but when in a position to smack or ping one into the net he can't do it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.