Palace (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Win Lose or Draw I fucking love Manchester City
Maybe we are going to lose our title but the one thing NOBODY can take away from us is our LOVE

It's unconditional

Unconditional love, simply put, is love without strings attached. It's love you offer freely. You don't base it on what someone does for you in return. You simply love them and want nothing more than their happiness.

The players stepped up a gear when they needed to today, and did enough to make sure we got the win. I thought we played some great football at times, and scored some brilliant goals. Most of the chances Palace got were from sloppy passes from us or mistakes. The quality dropped a bit when Rodri went off but overall we played well.

Looked better when Akanji came on, I though Rico & Grealish played well again, following on from both having strong games against Villa. KDB with two brilliant goals. We are still right in the hunt for the PL.

Our away end was quality today also.

I’m still intrigued as to why some of our players have bandaged hands still?

Plus having watched some of last years highlights again I’m even more convinced that Erling is not jumping as high as he used to. :-)

Great win and as others have said I love this club/team. Great team work great camaraderie. A real team not just a bunch of players. Everyone players, management, bsckroom staff, fans just everyone. A team.
BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. :-)

Last edited:
Watched a tnt stream couldn't get volume so had the City app on with Ali Mann and Andy Morrison. Thoroughly enjoyed it better than the collection of assorted dickheads on TV.

Natalie Pike very professional always fights our corner, Steve Howey loved him as a player but he's a bit hard to follow! The person who I did not appreciate was Ian Holloway, used to like him as an impish manager really came across as resentful of us.

Anyway I have to confess I didn't think Rico played great against villa, sorry! I'd always preferred Bobb, but today Rico was fantastic, really didn't look out of place.

Jack played very well against villa and was even more instrumental today, loved his energy. Gvardiol I thought was playing pretty well recently so unlucky to come off injured, hopefully minor knock. Akanji was brilliant when he came on. I reckon Eddie will have to fight hard to get his place back, Ortega looks better and better each match.

Of course all the acclaim belongs to Kevin de Bruyne and my goodness, he was in the mood! To my poor eyes he played deeper and he was immense. Very well done Kevin on reaching the 100 club at City, pure class.

Hope we can sort out our defence, still balls deep in 3 competitions.

Jack is not in the team to score goals, Yes they all add up but Jack does more for the team than anybody else

He's the one player that makes the room for that little pass back into the middle, Normally its to KDB
Also Jack brings 3 players over to him and again Pep the master Knows the space that Jack makes for others is so valuable to all of Pep's plans,

The amount of stick Jack gets is so funny because nobody ever thinks what he brings to the team, Even if he does not score, The little things like winning a throw-in or a foul or like I said that little pass to KDB leads to City creating chances,
When Jack plays we're a better team OK he doesn't score enough but a certain David Silva didn't score enough and it was never held against him CTID

Grealish always seems unlucky in that today for example he had a hand in 3 of the goals at least, maybe all 4 but ended with 0 assists

Seems to happen him a lot. It’s why you can’t judge every player on stats alone
I’m not comparing the 2 like for like, but David Silva was similar where his g/an output was small compared to his actual involvement in goals. Always there but not necessarily the scorer or assister

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.