18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

I think he’s great, I’m glad he’s with us and I hope he stays.
I have to say though, Ederson does that little flick every other game and all anyone says is, one shot, one goal.

And brainfarts.

Was there any reason at all to give that pen away at the dippers?

He deserved to get benched just on that basis alone!

Has been brilliant and made vital saves in crucial moments of games , he will be unlucky to lose his place to Ederson, far too good to be sat on a bench , he would walk into most teams in europe.

I would keep Ortega for Madrid, then Eddie for Luton. Eddie might be a tad rusty, whereas Ortega is in the groove
Agree with this. I love Eddie to bits, but we need to consider form. Eddie has been out for some time now, and Stefan has done incredibly well. Deserves to play at the Bernabeu.

I really like Ederson but he cannot expect to get his place back just because he's now fit. It wouldn't be fair on Ortega to lose his place against Madrid.

It's reputed Ortega wants out as he's sick of being number 2, fair enough as he's good enough to play for most top clubs. If we are to get him to rethink wanting out then we have to be fair and let him keep his place, and Eddie must wait to get his chance.

I really like Ederson but he cannot expect to get his place back just because he's now fit. It wouldn't be fair on Ortega to lose his place against Madrid.

It's reputed Ortega wants out as he's sick of being number 2, fair enough as he's good enough to play for most top clubs. If we are to get him to rethink wanting out then we have to be fair and let him keep his place, and Eddie must wait to get his chance.
If that's true he shouldn't have come here in the first place as Ederson was established as Top Dog here and it would have taken superhuman performances to unseat him.
Ortega has done brilliantly and if he starts on Tuesday I'll be fine with that but it can't be underestimated the mountain he has to climb

If that's true he shouldn't have come here in the first place as Ederson was established as Top Dog here and it would have taken superhuman performances to unseat him.
Ortega has done brilliantly and if he starts on Tuesday I'll be fine with that but it can't be underestimated the mountain he has to climb
When we signed Ortega on a free i hadn't heard of him and didn't know what to expect. He's had a few dodgy moments as all keepers have but the more he's played the more comfortable and reassuring he's looked. When i see his name on the team sheet it doesn't bother me because he's arguably as good a shot stopper as Ederson and his distribution isn't far off Ederson.

He came here as a number 2, he knew that we knew that and most of our second choice keepers in recent years have been decent. Ortega has proved himself to be more than decent though and is far too good to sit on our bench in all the big games. If he signs for another top club who promise him more game time then fair enough. But i think He needs to have a long hard think about it because he's getting more game time than he most probably expected, especially in big games and he's won 5 trophies in one season.

Arsenal and Liverpool have 2 top keepers, so have we, and it's up to Pep to be fair to Ortega and play him on Tuesday night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.