Israel-Palestine Conflict

They have free reign to do what they want to, and will continue to do so as long as there are no consequences.

A bit off kilter but relevant two high profile female British Jewish actresses, both members of the labour party (on and off depending on it's left/right swing), with polar oppoisite opinions on Gaza and Palestinians

Peraonally I find Lipmans comments distateful and not because she is a self confessed Zionist and believes any criticism of Israel is other nations bullying it, thats fine she is defending her beliefs in the right for Israel to exist, nowt wrong with that, Israel is a country and will remain to be long after this mess is over.

It is the lack of empathy for human life and suffering that I don't understand, there is no defence to argue for Likud and the IDFs actions, if you are politically or socially left, right or centre what is happening is a international disaster and tragedy that should be criticised just as we condemmed Burma for the Rohingya, East Timor, the turkish cleansing of the yazidi and kurds from northern syria, Russias invasion of ukraine, the Uyghur concencentration camps in china, the present trigray massacres in Ethiopia etc etc.

No nation should be given a free pass becasue they are allies, a justifiable offensive action to save hostages and catch or kill the cunts that are Hamas, no one would argue with that, but what we are seeing is barbarism and murder, which unfortunately does make people consider Israel under the Likud governent a Pariah state.

Last edited:
A bit off kilter but relevant two high profile female British Jewish actresses, both members of the labour party (on and off dependi gon it's left/right swing), with polar oppoisite opinions on Gaza and Palestinions

Peraonally I find Lipmans comments distateful and not because she is a self confessed Zionist and believes any criticism of Israel is other nations bullying it, thats fine she is defending her beliefs in the right for Israel to exist, nowt wrong with that, Israel is a country and will remain to be long after this mess is over.

It is the lack of empathy for human life and suffering that I don't understand, there is no defense to argue for Likud and the IDFs actions, if you are politically or socially left, right or centre what is happening is a international disaster and tragedy that should be criticised just as we condemmed Burma for the Rohingya, East Timor, the turkish cleansing of the yazidi and kurds from northern syria, Russias invasion of ukraine, the Uyghur concencentration camps in china, the present trigray massacres in Ethiopia etc etc.

No nation should be given a free pass becasue they are allies, a justifiable offensive action to save hostages and catch or kill the cunts that are Hamas, no one would argue with that, but what we are seeing is barbarism and murder, which unfortunately does make people consider Israel under the Likud governent a Pariah state.

Shocked and surprised to hear that from her....always considered her rational, centre left....seems I was mistaken

A bit off kilter but relevant two high profile female British Jewish actresses, both members of the labour party (on and off dependi gon it's left/right swing), with polar oppoisite opinions on Gaza and Palestinions

It is the lack of empathy for human life and suffering that I don't understand, there is no defense to argue for Likud and the IDFs actions, if you are politically or socially left, right or centre what is happening is a international disaster and tragedy that should be criticised just as we condemmed Burma for the Rohingya, East Timor, the turkish cleansing of the yazidi and kurds from northern syria, Russias invasion of ukraine, the Uyghur concencentration camps in china, the present trigray massacres in Ethiopia etc etc.

the bit I find offensive is the initial premise that that opposition to Israels actions is "Leftist". I find it
disingenuous and divisive of her to characterise opposition in such a political way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.