Lucas Paquetá

Why does this thread keep getting comments I don’t see the need for this player and then there are the current issues

Why does this thread keep getting comments I don’t see the need for this player and then there are the current issues
Probably because neither of the central midfielders we signed last summer have lessened the load on Rodri; because there are continued doubts over Bernardo’s future; and because it has been reported that Guardiola is keen on both Paqueta and Guimaraes. Presuming the former is cleared of the allegations, we will likely sign him the moment his release clause is triggered.

You don’t rate him, fair enough, but you don’t suggest an alternative. Anyone in mind?

Probably because neither of the central midfielders we signed last summer have lessened the load on Rodri; because there are continued doubts over Bernardo’s future; and because it has been reported that Guardiola is keen on both Paqueta and Guimaraes. Presuming the former is cleared of the allegations, we will likely sign him the moment his release clause is triggered.

You don’t rate him, fair enough, but you don’t suggest an alternative. Anyone in mind?
I never considered Paqueta until our interest in him last summer. The crucial thing to consider is his Brazil performances, where he generally plays as a No 8, without the sole responsibility of defending.

When left to create & defend when necessary, Paqueta's seriously impressive. I fear many are judging him by Moyes's clogger style of football, where he has to be all things in a side not really suited to getting the best out of his style of play.

In a more accomplished side, he'd be an ideal replacement for Gundog, who many fans also didn't get until his final 3 seasons with us. Ilkay eventually left as the captain of our treble winning team.

Whether cleared of his charges or not, it'd be a yes from me this summer.

I never considered Paqueta until our interest in him last summer. The crucial thing to consider is his Brazil performances, where he generally plays as a No 8, without the sole responsibility of defending.

When left to create & defend when necessary, Paqueta's seriously impressive. I fear many are judging him by Moyes's clogger style of football, where he has to be all things in a side not really suited to getting the best out of his style of play.

In a more accomplished side, he'd be an ideal replacement for Gundog, who many fans also didn't get until his final 3 seasons with us. Ilkay eventually left as the captain of our treble winning team.

I wish we had signed him when he was at Lyon but other priorities were needed .

I wish we had signed him when he was at Lyon but other priorities were needed .
We wanted him when he was at Lyon, then it fizzled out. I was on the Paqueta bus when we were linked to him at Lyon, I was so excited. This is boy is fire. He will make a great Gundo replacement. If we had gotten him this season, we would be 8-10 points clear at the top of the table.

If the new report of a 50m release clause is true, we should be all over it. 50m is the bog standard transfer we used to pay 5 or 6 years ago and has now moved onto 60m.
There would be riots if we gave West Ham Kalvin plus 15m! (not happening now obviously). The piss boiling would have been good.
I thought the same when I read it, but I think we both misread it. The £50m was in reference to Bernardo's release clause.

I hope you are right. Perhaps we can use Nunes and Phillips in a swap deal :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.