Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
We movin extra fast compared to last year, although Judes decision took a big chunk of it
Bellingham was never coming to City. The speculation seems it was based on him not confirming or denying his intentions one way or the other. He all but said it was only ever Real.

However I do agree that this season's relative struggles could prompt City to act early & decisive to ensure we get our targets as best we can.

The likes of Paqueta would've made a huge difference to us this season, hence why I think a deal could be struck irrespective of the completion of his betting investigation.

Bellingham was never coming to City. The speculation seems it was based on him not confirming or denying his intentions one way or the other. He all but said it was only ever Real.

However I do agree that this season's relative struggles could prompt City to act early & decisive to ensure we get our targets as best we can.

The likes of Paqueta would've made a huge difference to us this season, hence why I think a deal could be struck irrespective of the completion of his betting investigation.
The Brazilian players we’ve been linked with will presumably be playing in the Copa America and could be there to July 14th, the same day when the European Championships end. The League in England starts on August 17th, leaving little time for anything once you factor in holidays, so we’ll be trying to finalise deals early.

The Brazilian players we’ve been linked with will presumably be playing in the Copa America and could be there to July 14th, the same day when the European Championships end. The League in England starts on August 17th, leaving little time for anything once you factor in holidays, so we’ll be trying to finalise deals early.
Makes perfect sense. I feel a sense of urgency amongst us all, & an acknowledgement that we need to hasten our evolution to the next iteration of Pep's team. Let's do squad! \0/

Makes perfect sense. I feel a sense of urgency amongst us all, & an acknowledgement that we need to hasten our evolution to the next iteration of Pep's team. Let's do squad! \0/
I‘m not sure we can hasten evolution but I sense your frustration. After the exploits of last season, I think we all thought we’d be able to attract whomever we wanted; after all, who wouldn’t want to join us? Quite a few as it turned out. For a variety of reasons, things just didn’t go our way, last summer and then injuries and form led to a feeling that things still weren’t going our way.

I think we’ll move quickly in the summer and then be ruthless with players deemed surplus to requirements. No waiting for players in Germany only for them to turn us down either. It’s seven years since Girona joined the CFG, so I’d like to see us take a couple from there to show that it is productive system in which players can develop and progress to the pinnacle.

I‘m not sure we can hasten evolution but I sense your frustration. After the exploits of last season, I think we all thought we’d be able to attract whomever we wanted; after all, who wouldn’t want to join us? Quite a few as it turned out. For a variety of reasons, things just didn’t go our way, last summer and then injuries and form led to a feeling that things still weren’t going our way.

I think we’ll move quickly in the summer and then be ruthless with players deemed surplus to requirements. No waiting for players in Germany only for them to turn us down either. It’s seven years since Girona joined the CFG, so I’d like to see us take a couple from there to show that it is productive system in which players can develop and progress to the pinnacle.
We're not that far away from putting right what we got wrong last summer. However, we're also not that far away from making things worse unless we act quickly & decisively. I honestly believe our path will be the former.

As for Girona, they'll be asset stripped as most small clubs who experience a modicum of success are. I can see City taking one (Savio), but I don't think it'll be a good look if we take 3-4, & make Girona relegation candidates for next season.

We're not that far away from putting right what we got wrong last summer. However, we're also not that far away from making things worse unless we act quickly & decisively. I honestly believe our path will be the former.

As for Girona, they'll be asset stripped as most small clubs who experience a modicum of success are. I can see City taking one (Savio), but I don't think it'll be a good look if we take 3-4, & make Girona relegation candidates for next season.
We’re actually going to put right what we got wrong over two summers, which means there really is no room for error. I can only see us buying Guimaraes and Paqueta, maybe Savio and Couto.

Girona will need to be bolstered. Eight games left and a clear crack at Champions League football, which given they were in the second division when they joined the CFG is an incredible ride. The stronger they are, the easier it is for them to be a place to develop players.

We’re actually going to put right what we got wrong over two summers, which means there really is no room for error. I can only see us buying Guimaraes and Paqueta, maybe Savio and Couto.

Girona will need to be bolstered. Eight games left and a clear crack at Champions League football, which given they were in the second division when they joined the CFG is an incredible ride. The stronger they are, the easier it is for them to be a place to develop players.
It will also add to the lure of CFG if we have more than one club with a real chance of making an impact at the highest level.

A Champions League challenging Girona will be a Manchester City lite in La Liga, & won't seem like a downgrade on City, but a realistic stepping stone to City, or another top European club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.