The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The reality is Liverpool and Arsenal can put the pressure back on as both play twice more before we play

Liverpool have

Fulham and Everton

Arsenal have

Wolves and Chelsea.

If both win their games we will be 4 points behind both with 2 games in hand (and a worse GD then Arsenal).

So will need to be perfect against Brighton away (with 9 days rest) and Spurs away (where we have never scored in the league.

I’m of the theory that if either Arsenal or Liverpool win their next 6 they win it. If they drop points then we win it.

Arsenal could potentially still win with 5 wins and a draw due to goal difference.
The teams they're playing is somewhat irrelevant, as it's a mentality thing now, and today has just proved that both struggle when it comes to the crunch...

Never count your chickens before they hatched

Look Manchester City will take other results going our way, But the hard job starts now in winning all our games from here on in, Pep will be straight into them in the morning and will have them back with their feet firmly on the floor with a job to do,

We used to see United and Fergie do this in the 1990s and early 2000s, by keeping the others honest,
Ask the question, Simply by just being in the mix sends the message
Fergie?

Dippers and Arsenal play twice before our next PL game at Brighton due to our involvement in the FA Cup. So we will have a game in hand still after Brighton.

My thoughts

1. Nothing is over and everything still to play for...there can be more twists and turns. We have a couple of very tough games in Brighton away and especially Spurs away - yes its in our hands bu there are two very difficult games and we are still well into the CL and Fa Cup as well to contend with

having said that

2. The reaction of Klopp in his post match interview was unbelievably negative. Some people might say it is mind games but i dont think i was...he looked broken and said he couldnt at the moment pick the players up - counter this with what we know from the behind the scenes stuff we have seen with Pep and imagine what his reaction would be....one game at a time...do our job...But Klopp looked beaten and defeatist - of course this could be different behind closed doors but it came across as very very negative - if this carries on they will drop more points.

3 the reaction of both set of rival fans.....again defeatist - its only 2 pts and all it takes is one slip from us - but arsenal fans walking out with 10 mins to go - compared with what we have done time and time again and won HUGE games in the last minutes (VIlla, QPR and others) - this will only add pressure.....the famous anfield atmosphere was supposed to pick them up today after the Atalanta defeat - it sounded like a cemetary at Klanfield today.

Personally I still think it will go to the wire...that Spurs game worries me and Brighton are a very decent team as well. However we are now in poll position and this weekend couldnt have gone any better....we have narrowed Arsenal's goal difference though they are still +5 ahead of us...and overtake Liverpools (we are + 2 ahead of them I think)

Regardless of whether we win it or not to still be well in it at this stage of the season after everything we achieved last season is absolutely remarkable...and possibly the biggest testament to Pep as a coach and manager.

You could be right, just think there are some twists and turns yet.

But certainly feel this wk end has been our wk end.

I just so want to win this one, 4 in a row would be something special!
I agree with you mate there are definitely more points going to be dropped when not expected.
4 in a row trumps 2 in a row in Europe.

want Bayern to take their Arse game to extra time and pens.

good late finish on Wednesday. then Wolves giving it a go on Saturday evening. lets crank up the pressure.
I want BM to thrash them, a Kane hat trick will do!!

That would mean an already tough week for them, then they"d have to show up at Wolves. This could be a crucial week for the arse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.