What is the biggest City myth?

I think I once read something by him aswell that said MCFC isn’t a direct continuation of St. Marks, like most people believe.

Pretty sure he said that while some people from St. Marks helped found City, the two clubs were completely separate to one another and even existed side by side for a while.
Yep I have seen a few things questioning the formation e.g. they were founded from the cricket team and the area at that point was quite nice and on the other hand was full of youths fighting so they formed a football team. Seems a bit conflicting.
On the demographics I always thought location was the biggest factor as men worked til 1 and the match kicked off at 2 pre lights people went to their nearest ground hence red and blue areas.

Couple of ones that piss me off - first one is that we have no history:

1910s - FA Cup Winners, League Runners up
1920s - FA Cup Finalists, League Runners up
1930s - League title, FA Cup Winners, FA Cup Finalists, Charity Shield Winners
1940s - The war was on
1950s - FA Cup Winners, FA Cup Finalists
1960s - League title, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Charity Shield Winners
1970s - European Cup Winners Cup, League Runners up, League Cup Winners, Charity Shield Winners
1980s - FA Cup Finalists
1990s - We were shite

We've only had the 1990s when we were really shite but other than that we've won plenty of silverware. Other than that, it's a LOT better than many other clubs.

Also the bollocks we have no fans - I remember the 34k attendances in the 90s in Division 2.

All your titles were won by cheating
This, the biggest coping myth among opponent fans I think. Rags use this all the time to take away validation from what City are doing. Pool fans same thing. Happyly ignore that having the structure and coaching team is what sustains success. But whatever...somehow they need to cope with little City's success!

I previously mentioned everyone thinking we have the biggest squad despite us actually having one of the smallest with lots of academy and bargain buy players making it up and low and behold, on BBC from an Arsenal fan:

Unfortunately, I said at the start of the season that Liverpool and Arsenal didn't have the squads to compete against City. I'm a Gooner but I'm a realist! Jurgen Klopp put his faith in youth with so many injuries, while Arsenal have just run out of puff. Mikel Arteta's biggest mistake yesterday was needlessly changing the starting line up!

Couple of ones that piss me off - first one is that we have no history:

1910s - FA Cup Winners, League Runners up
1920s - FA Cup Finalists, League Runners up
1930s - League title, FA Cup Winners, FA Cup Finalists, Charity Shield Winners
1940s - The war was on
1950s - FA Cup Winners, FA Cup Finalists
1960s - League title, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Charity Shield Winners
1970s - European Cup Winners Cup, League Runners up, League Cup Winners, Charity Shield Winners
1980s - FA Cup Finalists
1990s - We were shite

We've only had the 1990s when we were really shite but other than that we've won plenty of silverware. Other than that, it's a LOT better than many other clubs.

Also the bollocks we have no fans - I remember the 34k attendances in the 90s in Division 2.
Getting some stick off a dipper at the time I worked it out a few years ago, cant remember the exact details but it was something like in the last 80 odd seasons City had a bigger average attendance than Liverpool in over 50 of those seasons,
Citys 10th highest ever crowd was something like 71,000 I think Liverpools best ever crowd was 62,000,
A few years before the takeover for a couple of seasons in the mid 2000s we were getting bigger average gates than the dippers,
its all just made up bollocks to make them feel better about themselves, most rags and dippers only support the clubs because they were the biggest & the best at the time & no doubt we will be getting the same now.

We buy the world's best players, can't actually remember one of these supposed best players in the world we've signed. Haaland obviously but that's it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.