Media Discussion - 2023/24

Not wishing to be pedantic but:-

Research from global market research agency, Kantar, shows United have a worldwide fan and follower base of 1.1 billion, an increase of over 400 million since a similar survey was conducted in 2012.
From the MUEN. They are claiming 1 in every 8 persons is a utd fan. Ridiculous claim!!
I saw quotes from this Kantar survey a week or two ago.

The survey also reckons LFC have 700million fans and Arsenal 600million.

So that’s about a third of worlds population supporting the red teams.

If they add Barca and Real into the mix I’m sure they would get the point where every living human aged 1 day to 100 years supports those 5 teams !

Absolute garbage

If it is anything like the political polls taken in countries - it will based on the percentage from 1,000 people. In other words - completely meaningless.
Political polling of 1000 people isn't meaningless - the maths shows that's a reasonable number to ask if you want to know what the whole population thinks.

So long as they make sure the sample is representative of the whole population (approx right number of women/men, geographic balance, education, income etc.), then it can be mathematically proved that it's pretty accurate. 1000 is chosen, because it costs money to ask people, and that's pretty much the sweet spot, for cost v. accuracy. Asking 10,000 or 100,000 is only a little more accurate, but much more expensive.

The United polling on the other hand is unmitigated bollocks. Pretty sure it counted anyone who has any interest in watching a United match - so we'd be included on Derby day!

Not wishing to be pedantic but:-

Research from global market research agency, Kantar, shows United have a worldwide fan and follower base of 1.1 billion, an increase of over 400 million since a similar survey was conducted in 2012.
From the MUEN. They are claiming 1 in every 8 persons is a utd fan. Ridiculous claim!!
When they conducted the first survey among the questions asked to just a few thousand people was "Do you ever watch Manchester United's games on TV?" Anybody that said they did was classed as a "follower" despite most of them not being rags but neutral football fans who simply watch football on TV. When the results were given to the rags they immediately changed the word "follower" to "supporter" and extrapolated the ridiculous figure of them having 659 million supporters worldwide.

Typical rag spin and bullshit.

Made the unforgivable mistake of putting Talkshite on for a couple of minutes this morning & one of their presenters (Sam Allard?) said "Man City have a much bigger squad than anyone else & they never seem to get any injuries" needless to say I switched it off again soon afterwards.
I've just listened to a fuckin' clueless rag waffle on about how Liverpool's league cup will mean more than us winning a double treble! What a fuckin' scouse arse rimming idiot! He trotted out the 'Citeh are a manufactured club' bollocks with no history.

He probably doesn't know how Littlewoods bankrolled Liverpool from mid table 2nd division obscurity in the 60s, and he's probably unaware that United's fortunes changed from milking the Munich tragedy and evicting several players from club housing after being injured in the crash. And he probably doesn't know about the scandal of former chairman Louis Edwards selling rotting meat to schools, or his pervert son Martin Edwards setting up spy cameras in the clubs female toilets.

Fortunately a knowledgeable decent blue told Jeff Stelling that City's (alleged) charges haven't been answered yet is due to the complexity of it all. Talksport know that because Stefan Borson was on the other week explaining these charges for about 40 minutes whilst that twat faced ignorant **** Simon Jordan kept butting in because he always thinks he knows best. Pity he didn't have any foresight before becoming chairman of Crystal Palace because he would have saved blowing 40M and spent some of it on cosmetic sugary to transform his rubber Spitting Image face into something decent looking.

I've just listened to a fuckin' clueless rag waffle on about how Liverpool's league cup will mean more than us winning a double treble! What a fuckin' scouse arse rimming idiot! He trotted out the 'Citeh are a manufactured club' bollocks with no history.

He probably doesn't know how Littlewoods bankrolled Liverpool from mid table 2nd division obscurity in the 60s, and he's probably unaware that United's fortunes changed from milking the Munich tragedy and evicting several players from club housing after being injured in the crash. And he probably doesn't know about the scandal of former chairman Louis Edwards selling rotting meat to schools, or his pervert son Martin Edwards setting up spy cameras in the clubs female toilets.

Fortunately a knowledgeable decent blue told Jeff Stelling that City's (alleged) charges haven't been answered yet is due to the complexity of it all. Talksport know that because Stefan Borson was on the other week explaining these charges for about 40 minutes whilst that twat faced ignorant **** Simon Jordan kept butting in because he always thinks he knows best. Pity he didn't have any foresight before becoming chairman of Crystal Palace because he would have saved blowing 40M and spent some of it on cosmetic sugary to transform his rubber Spitting Image face into something decent looking.
The City caller was brilliant, if he comes on here, very well done!

I've just emailed Miss or Mrs Morrissey and thanked her for publishing the story as it won me a bet that I had stating that her paper would be all negative city stories because the dippers and tarquins needed cheering up.
I also asked her to name all 115 charges as her article was misleading as it said she could list all charges.

I await my reply but i aint holding my breath.
Graduated at Dublin University so 99% a Dipper or Rag, no in depth investigation of the charges and just a list of FA Punishment’s. Also, no date for the hearing as it’s confidential, she’s a chancer, another click bait hack with an obvious agenda.

Made the unforgivable mistake of putting Talkshite on for a couple of minutes this morning & one of their presenters (Sam Allard?) said "Man City have a much bigger squad than anyone else & they never seem to get any injuries" needless to say I switched it off again soon afterwards.
I switched of these muppets long ago. The much bigger squad crap is indicative of the low level of informative journalism in the ranks of most media outlets currently. They should be asking the obvious question as to why we have the Best squad almost every season and examining the reasons for this. This of course would require a bit more effort and importantly would most likely be above the heads of the legions of morons who listen on a regular basis. So much easier and more lucrative to Talkshite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.