The Conservative Party/Government

Another day and more bollocks by sunak , i suppose we now know there wont be an election for at least three months , he will want at least one plane going before the coward will risk it . Thought the max we could send to rwanda was about three. hundred so where is he getting several flights every month from ?

Every poll says the public is against the Rwanda thing. I don’t understand at all why he thinks “getting the planes in the air” will make one iota of difference, because it won’t.

The only explanation is he knows his goose is cooked and sees it as his only legacy project, which is really fucking depressing.

Like the good old days keeping MPs up until the early hours to debate the matters of the day....

Oh wait, it's just the Tories trying to get through illegal legislation to throw red meat to their far right voters.

This farce goes to show parliament could have been working hard into the night on many occasions to protect our economy, healthcare etc and not for a photo opportunity of Tommeh Robinson and the frog faced Führer daisy chaining with our PM one very expensive half filled flight to Rwanda.

Every poll says the public is against the Rwanda thing. I don’t understand at all why he thinks “getting the planes in the air” will make one iota of difference, because it won’t.

The only explanation is he knows his goose is cooked and sees it as his only legacy project, which is really fucking depressing.
He bet his world on it.

Me, I have no interest in the policy or the individual who is trying to put it in place, apart from the amount of money that has been wasted on this vanity project. That money could have been diverted elsewhere to support a number of things that would have a real social impact.

Stupidity and the Tories seem to go hand-in-hand, it’s about time they were stopped from handing funds out to people who don’t deserve it.

Send the buggers back, well done Rishi we've got our country back!
If this is supposed to be an attempt at humour it's a poor one, and not remotely amusing.

Last night the most right-wing government we've ever had plummeted to a new low and for what? To appease Brexit-voting Mail and Telegraph readers in Middle England and far-right, Farage-loving knuckle-draggers alike? No doubt some will conflate it with St George's Day, even though St George would be one of the first buggers to be sent back if he was around now, to use your vernacular.

The Tories' small-time thinking and crash and burn policies of the last 14 years have ensured that Britain's reputation is in tatters. But this? Like I said: a new low.

What's Labour's plan?
Oh wait they don't have one

• Process the applications quicker (Tories laid off 2/3 of the case workers which has led to this backlog and us having to put them up in hotels)
  • Enforce the rule that says that if , whilst here , you commit a criminal offence punishable by 12 months or more in prison you will be returned.
  • Set up a processing application centre in France ...where people with a valid reason for asylum can apply. This will take away the need to cross the channel and do away with the traffickers . We can then safely assume that anyone who does try to cross by small boat wouldn't be successful with an asylum application and return them.

Under the last Labour Government we had less than 19,000 outstanding asylum applications and no we didn't just ''let everyone in '' . The success rate for applications has remained consistent . However since the loss of the Dublin Agreement due to Brexit it might be difficult to achieve these figures again.

Please stop reading the Daily Mail & Daily Express.

• Process the applications quicker (Tories laid off 2/3 of the case workers which has led to this backlog and us having to put them up in hotels)
  • Enforce the rule that says that if , whilst here , you commit a criminal offence punishable by 12 months or more in prison you will be returned.
  • Set up a processing application centre in France ...where people with a valid reason for asylum can apply. This will take away the need to cross the channel and do away with the traffickers . We can then safely assume that anyone who does try to cross by small boat wouldn't be successful with an asylum application and return them.

Under the last Labour Government we had less than 19,000 outstanding asylum applications and no we didn't just ''let everyone in '' . The success rate for applications has remained consistent . However since the loss of the Dublin Agreement due to Brexit it might be difficult to achieve these figures again.

Please stop reading the Daily Mail & Daily Express.

More of the same then.

If people are fleeing persecution how does one go about returning them even if they commit a crime? Legal challenges galore.

I’d rather see a more holistic immigration service where we process applications offshore at our embassies and consulates and, if granted, we pay for the bus to bring them here. Anyone then crossing by boat would be fucked off to wherever… Liverpool would be a good deterrent. It doesn’t feel that hard to do this, no idea why our main political parties cling to a process that is clearly not fit for purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.