Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Not really, unless they are playing against us.
I watch them occasionally now which I’ve never done previously. Just because it’s so fucking hilarious. They get outplayed by everybody, and I mean everybody. I have seen Burnley and Sheffield United (at times) outplay them this season. They have absolutely zero structure to their play and basically just rely on the fact that their individual players are often slightly better than the opposition. They are way worse than Chelsea in this regard.

Chelsea's issue is that they are far too inconsistent. They played well yesterday, but that was an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley in front of a world wide audience, different to playing at Selhurst Park on a wet Wednesday evening.
We looked tired, extremely so: but that was to be expected after the gruelling mid-week game we had.

I think next season will be pivotal for Chelsea because by then Pochettino will have had time to put his stamp on the club and the team and they will have also have had time to replace the dead wood they have been carrying for a while - no names mentioned.

This is so predictable and sad. Everyone a black player misses chances that costs his team a big game, his mentions and DMs a full of racist pieces of shit. I’ve seen it with Rashford and Saka. I’ve seen it with Dembele. I saw it when Tammy Abraham. It’s fucking disgusting.

I haven't seen a team that has basically finished their season look so far away from any resemblance of cohesion and tactics. What the fuck has Poch been doing on the training pitch
You 've probably not seen a team with so many injuries either.

Take a look at their injury record for the season.its been horrific.
The last time I checked they'd recorded something like 35 serious injuries in the first few months !!

Whats behind those problems I've no idea, what I do know is that any manager in any league would struggle to achieve the consistency of play and cohesiveness demanded by their owners and fans .

Some would say that's a ' lame' excuse..but....,I'd hate for City to undergo a whole season with up to TEN players out every week..
Pep is a fantastic manager but even he couldn't achieve much with Chelsea injury 'record this season. In addition lots of players were new,and ,imo,of dubious quality ...In fact I don't believe I've ever seen a team in premier league history look so disjointed ,with little clue what they were doing , ..In some respects it has been easier for Cole Palmer to stand out in that squad.

On a side note ...that tackle by Caciedo on Jack was diabolical,definitely set out to do real damage...didn't even get a booking....disgraceful challenge....

People in the media are going on like he missed open nets or sitters, he got both shots on target and Ortega pulled off two wonderful saves, sometimes you have to praise the keeper. Jackson will become a very good player for you guys imo.
Agreed. As Chelsea only fit striker as we speak..he is carrying quite a bit of weight on his young shoulders. 1st season in after a transfer from the Spanish league ,which is completely different in so many ways.

From Senegal to Spain to West London,at the age of 22..His approach play is pretty decent ,imo, I don't think many will be taking the piss out of him next season.

All credit to young players backing themselves in a completely different enviroment. Takes time to assimilate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.