Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

I was just replying about the PIF/Chelsea thing ass someone described them as a "major" shareholder.

Pretty sure I read that PIF's investments make up something like 2% of Clearview, who themselves own 60% of Chelsea, which would make them around 1% of Chelsea.

The 2% figure may be low, so if anyone knows differently, I'd be interested to hear - but it does look like Clearview is a big fund with a lot of minority investors, so not sure it'll be any kind of issue for the Premier League, more of a 'soft' relationship.

So the Chav’s spend another £52m, how the fuck did they get away with wiping out a 1.4b debt whilst we are charged with financial irregularities which equate to far less?
Maybe we haven't heard the last of that. The compulsary sale situation that led to the outgoing owner choosing to wipe the debt owed to him is, I'd guess, an unprecedented occurance, and as such I don't suppose there is much in the way of legislation to deal with it at this time. Maybe retrospective action will take place?

The situation City are faced with on the other hand is legislated for under FFP rules, regardless of whether the charges are proved or ultimately dismissed.

Last edited:
I was just replying about the PIF/Chelsea thing ass someone described them as a "major" shareholder.

Pretty sure I read that PIF's investments make up something like 2% of Clearview, who themselves own 60% of Chelsea, which would make them around 1% of Chelsea.

The 2% figure may be low, so if anyone knows differently, I'd be interested to hear - but it does look like Clearview is a big fund with a lot of minority investors, so not sure it'll be any kind of issue for the Premier League, more of a 'soft' relationship.

I think the concern is influence rather then control. PIF says we would like to buy some Chelsea players, Clearview aren't going to say fuck off.

It's the sort of thing that would be picked up as associated if it was sponsorship I imagine. Transfers not so much it seems, unless they are between CFG companies, of course.

I had wondered if Boehly knew what was coming with Saudi, explaining his apparent kamikaze spending. He must think it's Xmas with a get out of jail card now ......

I think the concern is influence rather then control. PIF says we would like to buy some Chelsea players, Clearview aren't going to say fuck off.

It's the sort of thing that would be picked up as associated if it was sponsorship I imagine. Transfers not so much it seems, unless they are between CFG companies, of course.

I had wondered if Boehly knew what was coming with Saudi, explaining his apparent kamikaze spending. He must think it's Xmas with a get out of jail card now ......
Sure - that's what I meant by more of a soft relationship.

But then, in terms of the size of PIF investments, it's probably a fairly minor relationship.

I suspect the Chelsea sales are more a convenience than anything else. No club in the World has so many highly paid players they need to shift off the books this Summer, so they're probably an obvious target.

...I had wondered if Boehly knew what was coming with Saudi, explaining his apparent kamikaze spending. He must think it's Xmas with a get out of jail card now ......

Saudi PIF is a major investor in the Clearlake Capital group, so probably he did!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.