Last manager who City fans really wanted sacked

My Top 3

1 Hughes
2 Pearce
3 Clark

My 1st game was 1957 at the age of 4. So once I realised what shite I was watching I realised I`d seen some shit managers
Clark did lead us to a false sense of security at the back end of the 1996/97 season.

There’s been a few but the most recent one was Mancini, I thought it was right he went when he did.

Mostly Hughes but he did get us to our first Semi Final since 1981 and brought the likes of Yaya Toure (mostly down to signing his Brother), David Silva (ex rag Gibson did some of that work?) Pablo Zabaleta and Carlos Tevez. A good shout for Pearce. He was beyond useless.
Silva and Yaya joined under Mancini

Was never really a fan of Stuart Pearce as a footballer for City.
He did have a good career (especially as coming from non-League, into the professional game late), but came too late to City.
He still thought you could dive-in on the opposition and get 2 or 3 warnings. Lived on his past reputation and was not aware times had changed.
So when he became Manager, I was gutted.
He may be a good Coach ? But, definitely not a manager, as seen with his more recent role at West Ham.
From what I've heard, since he has left Manchester City, he is a bitter ex-employee with a severe grudge ?

Use to see him in the Marriott at Worsley quite often. He always had a miserable face another one like Peter Reid. Although not a manager another 1 was Francis Lee ex-owner and player.

Silva and Yaya joined under Mancini
But some of the ground work done was done by Hughes and if by a fucking miracle he survived would of joined us regardless who was in charged (although David Silva was more set on going to Real Madrid). I know Hughes was mostly incompetent in getting the very best of the players he had at his disposal he did recruit part of our first Premier Title winning side.

Reactions: kun
Pellegrini was the last one many fans wanted gone.

His final season was somewhat awful.
Apart from beating the scousers on penalties thanks to Willy Caballero and our first Champions League semi (although we did look miles off winning it)

Reactions: kun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.